The Knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
If we did ever have a thread for them, it's now locked in the archive. We'll FINALLY have a new song from them next week, Full of Fire, so I figured a thread was deserved.

As a catchup, The Knife are a Swedish electronic music duo from Gothenburg, formed in 1999. The group consists of siblings Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer, who together also run their own record company, Rabid Records. The group gained a large international following in response to their 2003 album Deep Cuts. The group and this specific album later received further attention when a cover of their song "Heartbeats", rearranged for acoustic guitar by José González, appeared in a Sony commercial. Subsequent songs have appeared on a number of television shows.

The duo's first tour took place in 2006, along with the release of their critically acclaimed album Silent Shout (Pitchfork's 2006 album of the year). They have won a number of Swedish Grammis, but refuse to attend awards ceremonies. They have appeared in public wearing Venetian masks. Andersson released a solo album under the name Fever Ray in 2009, while her brother released several EPs as Oni Ayhun in late 2009 and early 2010. Andersson also contributed vocals to three popular Röyksopp songs. This will be their first album together as The Knife since 2006.

A few of their popular songs:

The Knife - Silent Shout - YouTube

The Knife - Heartbeats ( OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO W/ SOUND ) - YouTube

The Knife - Marble House - YouTube

PASS THIS ON - YouTube

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Further info about the track, Full of Fire, coming next week. It's 9 minutes long, and you can hear a clip of it here:

Amazon.com: Full of Fire: Knife: MP3 Downloads

41-OkHEHasL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

She saw a vision of the future that contained nothing but GAF and Peefer getting drunk.

Probably my favorite Morrissey lyric, particularly that line and these two...

I was detained, I was restrained
And broke my spleen
And broke my knee
And then he really lays into me

And so I drank one
It became four
And when I fell on the floor
I drank more

The Knife Album Shaking the Habitual Is Almost 100 Minutes Long, Epic Tracklist Reveals | News | Pitchfork

The Knife may have made us wait almost seven years since their last album, Silent Shout, but they certainly are making up for it now. Their new album, Shaking the Habitual, out April 8 internationally and April 9 in the U.S. on Rabid/Brille/Mute, is a whopping 98 minutes long. It's a double CD and triple LP. We've listed out the tracklist below, along with the track lengths. They range from 37 seconds to 19 minutes. Shannon Funchess of Light Asylum appears on the track "Stay Out Here".
The first single, the nine-minute "Full of Fire", is out next week.

Shaking the Habitual:
01 A Tooth for an Eye 6:04
02 Full of Fire 9:17
03 A Cherry on Top 8:43
04 Without You My Life Would Be Boring 5:14
05 Wrap Your Arms Around Me 4:36
06 Crake 0:55
07 Old Dreams Waiting to Be Realized 19:22
08 Raging Lung 9:58
09 Networking 6:42
10 Oryx 0:37
11 Stay Out Here 10:42
12 Fracking Fluid Injection 9:54
13 Ready to Lose 4:36

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Any clue if Soundowl.com is legal? I believe they have a stream, but don't want to share it if it's not legal.

No clue. I suggest a test:

Post it and if you don't shoot yourself in your own face, it's legal

Back
Top Bottom