The Killers - Live at Royal Albert Hall (DVD + CD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just got back from BestBuy, where I picked up a copy for only $11.99 - what a steal! :drool:

2 hr, 40 min concert DVD, plus a 78-minute live album. Widescreen, 5.1 sound. Gonna blast the bejeezus out of this thing when I get home. Sorry next-door neighbors! :wink:

Anyone had a listen yet? I'm still peeling off the cellophane.

Been watching it all evening - it's RIDICULOUSLY good. Sort of like their Rattle & Hum. Amazing to think that such a pop-oriented, radio-friendly, magazine-cover rock band hasn't had a single DVD until now, after their 4th album. Cool to think that the original newspaper ad that helped form the band sought musicians influenced by "U2" :up:

:drool:

it's really really great. i'm a huge killers fan, i had some doubts about this, but after watching it i can confirm it is fantastic. my favs -- This River is Wild and TRANQUILIZE :drool:

I am waiting for my DVD to come in the mail, I'm going NUTS!!! I should have just bought it at a store... I'm a die-hard Killers fan, I love every single song they've ever written. :heart:
If I get it before the weekend (I should!), rest assured I won't get any homework done whatsoever :D Will be too busy watching.

I really enjoyed watching this.

Dustland Fairytale and Read My Mind really sound good live. Looks like it would've been a fun show to be at.

Makes me want to go to a Killers show now.

I really enjoyed watching this.

Dustland Fairytale and Read My Mind really sound good live. Looks like it would've been a fun show to be at.

Makes me want to go to a Killers show now.
They are a great live band. Even if you don't like the albums much, their shows are amazing.

Still don't have my DVD :angry:

amazing, hate to say this but this blows the u2 rose bowl thing out of the water

amazing, hate to say this but this blows the u2 rose bowl thing out of the water

I was at the Rose Bowl show in the inner circle and had the time of my life, and yet I still have to agree with this. The Killers have almost out-U2'ed U2, if that makes any sense.

So far I think "For Reasons Unknown" is my favorite :drool:

They are a great live band. Even if you don't like the albums much, their shows are amazing.

I have to agree with this statement completely.

I saw them live and thought they were really good, and this was a while ago and I've heard they've become even better live over the past couple years.

But I'm so lukewarm on their albums. Everything after Hot Fuss is just :shrug:, meh!, to me.

But I do love a good concert DVD. Maybe I'll slip it to Santa that I wouldn't mind this for Christmas. :hmm:

I was at the Rose Bowl show in the inner circle and had the time of my life, and yet I still have to agree with this. The Killers have almost out-U2'ed U2, if that makes any sense.

So far I think "For Reasons Unknown" is my favorite :drool:
The Killers are my absolute favorite band. Lots of people stopped liking them after Hot Fuss, but I'm the opposite - Sam's Town is my favorite album :D I think they've only gotten better over the years.

I still haven't watched my DVD, although I already have it. Gotta watch tonight!! :heart:

It was on Palladia over the weekend-it's on again tonight at 8ET. It's only an hour so it's obviously edited.

It was at Royal Albert Hall so I assume it's the same show

fantastic dvd. What an amazing live act. It is so clear how much they borrow from U2, and it is a good thing.

Brandon used to be static on stage, now he does that thing where he raises his foot a la bobo.

Bling owns on this dvd.

fantastic dvd. What an amazing live act. It is so clear how much they borrow from U2, and it is a good thing.

Brandon used to be static on stage, now he does that thing where he raises his foot a la bobo.

Bling owns on this dvd.

Bling is ridiculous (good)... same with 'For Reasons Unknown' and 'Sweet Talk'. The crowd's whoah-oh-ohh sing-alongs are better than anything I've seen for the current U2 tour!

I don't have the DVD yet, but I've watched most of it on Youtube and - WOW. I'm definitely picking this up as it looks like one of the best concert DVDs I've seen in a very long time.

cuz it is bo.. :love:definitely pick it up it's AMAZING. I have watched it in full a few times. and the extras on it are cool too. :up:

I don't have the DVD yet, but I've watched most of it on Youtube and - WOW. I'm definitely picking this up as it looks like one of the best concert DVDs I've seen in a very long time.

Borderline sacrilegious to say this, as someone who owns Rattle & Hum, Go Home, Zoo TV Sydney, and the Zeppelin box set, but this might actually be the best concert DVD I own. The band is absolutely cracking and the fans are rabid.

I just wish they'd included "Neon Tiger", one of the best songs off the new album, but I guess you can't have 'em all

i like the dvd, but i have to disagree about Bling. i can't watch it, too cringe-worthy. those extra lyrics he tries to throw in are awful.

i like the dvd, but i have to disagree about Bling. i can't watch it, too cringe-worthy. those extra lyrics he tries to throw in are awful.
I actually like the extra lyrics, but I much prefer the original, non-extended version.

It all comes down to our individual preferences. I bet there are some people out there who think that, for example, Britney Spears' concerts are the best ever. I may think it's insane, but I wouldn't want to argue, because really, it's just the matter of taste :D

Back
Top Bottom