The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reallly kicking myself right now. Just found out they have a show in Toronto a week before the CD release, and tickets went on sale last week. I can't get anything now - not even a shit seat in the back. The venue holds under 3000, and tickets are $50, so I should have figured. I'll keep trying though. New stuff sounds awesome.

I used to like the Killers a lot in the past, but they're one of those bands whose novelty sort of wore off in a hurry for me. I liked Sam's Town, but I can't even make it through the iTunes preview of Human. I'm hoping this one leaks, because I won't buy the album based just on Human. I definitely need to hear more.

The reviewer couldn't even get the lyrics of Human right.

Brandon did this annoying thing with plural, it should be - Are we human, or are we dancer?

Not: Are we human, or are we dancers?

And this wasnt enough, we still dont even know whether it's densers or dancers. The thing is dancers doesnt make much sense in the context.

:mad:

Brandon did this annoying thing with plural, it should be - Are we human, or are we dancer?

Not: Are we human, or are we dancers?

And this wasnt enough, we still dont even know whether it's densers or dancers. The thing is dancers doesnt make much sense in the context.

:mad:

Also, the line isn't "my sign is virtual", it's "my signs are vital".

I'm reallly kicking myself right now. Just found out they have a show in Toronto a week before the CD release, and tickets went on sale last week. I can't get anything now - not even a shit seat in the back. The venue holds under 3000, and tickets are $50, so I should have figured. I'll keep trying though. New stuff sounds awesome.

classifieds - craigslist :whistle:

Presale happening today 10am local time for several US dates in January and Europe.

If you are a member of their fanclub you get access.

The Victims Pre-Sale on 10/29: Europe and the USOctober 28, 2008
On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM (local venue time) members of The Victims, the official fan club of The Killers, will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets to the following shows in Europe and the US:

US:

January 17, 2009- Denver, CO- Magness Arena
January 19, 2009- Minneapolis, MN- Northrop Auditorium
January 20, 2009- Chicago, IL- UIC Pavillion
January 22, 2009- Ypsilanti, MI- EMU Convocation Center
January 23, 2009- Toronto. ON- Air Canada Center
January 25, 2009- New York, NY- Madison Square Garden
January 26, 2009- Boston, MA- Agganis Arena
January 28, 2009- Fairfax, VA- George Mason University Patriot Center
January 29, 2009- North Myrtle Beach, SC- House of Blues
January 30, 2009- Atlanta, GA- Atlanta Civic Center
January 31, 2009- Nashville, TN- Grand Ole Opry House
February 02, 2009- Houston, TX- Verizon Wireless Theater
February 03, 2009- Austin, TX- Frank Erwin Center
February 04, 20090 Grand Prairie, TX - Nokia Theater
Europe:

March 12, 2009- Amsterdam, Holland - Heineken Music Hall
March 13, 2009- Dusseldorf, Germany - Phillpshalle
March 14, 2009- Berlin, Germany- Max Schmelinghalle
March 16, 2009- Munich, Germany- Zenith
March 17, 2009- Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
March 18, 2009- Zurich, Switzerland- Maag Eventhall
March 19, 2009- Paris, France - Zenith
March 21, 2009- Barcelona, Spain - Sala Razzmatazz
To purchase tickets login to www.TheKillersVictims.com, go to the "Travels" section of the site, click the "More Info" link next to the show date to view information, then click the "Buy Pre-Sale Tickets" link. Tickets are available on a first-come first- serve basis. Limit four (4) tickets per person. Purchase your tickets as soon as possible because quantities are limited. Tickets will be on sale to the general public on November 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM (local venue time) Show date and venue is listed below.

Pre-Sale Start: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM (local venue time) Pre-Sale End: Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM (local venue time)

For questions please contact Support at: thekillersvictimssupport@sparkart.com

NOTE: Password is needed only for select events, to view password information please click on "More Info" for the date of the event.

i am sure that they will be doing So Cal dates it must be following the european dates. Just not announced yet for whatever reason. I have faith for all my fellow so cal'rs. I am a native from the LA area.

well i never did get around to joining the victims, and I have no money as it is right now, but somehow I will be seeing them February 4th I guess. Missed that Chicago show by about 6 days, I think Christmas break ends on the 14th.

i am sure that they will be doing So Cal dates it must be following the european dates. Just not announced yet for whatever reason. I have faith for all my fellow so cal'rs. I am a native from the LA area.

I hope that the 'whatever reason' you're referring to is open for a certain band that will be releasing their album in early 2009 and is rumoured to be opening a world tour in the killers hometown very soon after the killers end their European leg. Hhmmm...that would be AWESOME. I can dream can't I.....

bean

Are we human or are we Chandler?

chandler.jpg

I hope that the 'whatever reason' you're referring to is open for a certain band that will be releasing their album in early 2009 and is rumoured to be opening a world tour in the killers hometown very soon after the killers end their European leg. Hhmmm...that would be AWESOME. I can dream can't I.....

bean

i have no idea why or when they will schedule the cali dates and I don't think it has anything to do with a certain band releasing their album either.. It was just a guestimate on my part.

So it is "are we Human or are Dancer?" Then?

The Killers have one of the more hummable tracks of the year with “Human,” but they lyrics may be a little cryptic.
Singer Brandon Flowers tells MTV.com that the “Are we human or are we dancer?’ line was inspired by gonzo author Hunter S. Thompson, who once penned that America was raising a generation of dancers. “I just took it and ran with it,” says the vocalist.

“I think I know what he meant. I don’t want to be too much of a preacher here, but you know, it’s a mild social statement and that’s all I’m gonna say. We’re just trying to write the best pop songs we can write.” Flowers says that he’s been asked by others about the singular nature of “dancer,” and adds, “I guess it bothers people that it’s not grammatically correct. But I think that I’m allowed to do whatever I want.”

Still not sure what "America is raising a generation of dancers means" Does it mean people just dancing through life not giving a f***

So it is "are we Human or are Dancer?" Then?

The Killers have one of the more hummable tracks of the year with “Human,” but they lyrics may be a little cryptic.
Singer Brandon Flowers tells MTV.com that the “Are we human or are we dancer?’ line was inspired by gonzo author Hunter S. Thompson, who once penned that America was raising a generation of dancers. “I just took it and ran with it,” says the vocalist.

“I think I know what he meant. I don’t want to be too much of a preacher here, but you know, it’s a mild social statement and that’s all I’m gonna say. We’re just trying to write the best pop songs we can write.” Flowers says that he’s been asked by others about the singular nature of “dancer,” and adds, “I guess it bothers people that it’s not grammatically correct. But I think that I’m allowed to do whatever I want.”

Still not sure what "America is raising a generation of dancers means" Does it mean people just dancing through life not giving a f***

it may have something to do with Rihanna, Britney, Pink and Pussycat Dolls being on the top of all charts. It seems like 'dancing generation' refers to people that are only interested in hook and rhythm and don't care about the meaning of the music or lyrics any more. Brainwashing.

Like the opposite of Nirvana times

Killers concert from the Royal Albert Hall is being streamed right now on BBC Radio 1 UK for those of you who want to tune in. They played a bunch of their new songs earlier and can be heard on the US stream of Radio 1 on Sirius Satellite Radio at 7PM EST.

Their broadcast on Sirius just begun with Brandon talking about how he grew up listening to U2 and Zane then saying "Any excuse to play The Fly!" as you hear the Edge start ripping into The Fly in the background. At least you gotta like where Brandon's head is at.

SPACEMAN is available for purchase on itunes!!

the album is only on preseale but is currently the #10 top album on itunes right now. pretty great if you ask me.

Yeah i saw it was up the other night and purchased it. Spaceman started downloading as soon as i pro-ordered which i was pretty excited about. Also I heard a few clips of their new material on the BBC the other night and it sounds pretty promising. They played clips of the studio versions of Dustland Fairytale, Neon Tiger, and Losing Touch

Are we human or are we Chandler?

chandler.jpg

Could this post BE any more awesome? :heart:

I still haven't heard the new song other than a brief snippet. I'm curious for the album but can't say I'm excited. I thought I liked Sam's Town, but find that all this time later, I haven't listened to it (other than one or two songs) more than twice since it came out.

I'll probably buy it all the same, in the hopes that there's something as awesome on it as the songs I love off Hot Fuss.

I finally allowed myself to listen to just a little bit of one of the new songs. Can't even remember which one it was now (wasn't Spaceman though) and I just absolutely loved it. I didn't listen to the whole thing, just got a taste of how great this album should be, and now I can not WAIT for the 23rd.

Day And Age is now available for pre-order on iTunes, and if you do so you get "Spaceman" right now.

it may have something to do with Rihanna, Britney, Pink and Pussycat Dolls being on the top of all charts. It seems like 'dancing generation' refers to people that are only interested in hook and rhythm and don't care about the meaning of the music or lyrics any more. Brainwashing.

Like the opposite of Nirvana times

but like....how does that make sense?............ that's all Human is....a catchy dance pop song.....:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom