The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought the first song they played on SNL was really lame. The second one was great. And Brandon's cute. :cute:

I know I've said this before, but . . . he's even cuter in person!

:drool: :combust:

o'rly.. do tell will ya! :drool:

the studious look:

BrandonFlowers1_01.jpg

I heard the new single the other day and . . . :|

It's not doing anything for me. I've tried to get into this band and I just can't.

Some say it's "denser", but it's supposed to be rhyming with "answer" so I think it's dancer, pretty stupid.

You're right, you know. Answer and denser don't rhyme. Neither do isolation and desolation, though. But Bono used them in Bad. :shrug: And anyway, after watching SNL, I'm pretty certain it's denser.

"Dancer" would be fucking terrible.

"Denser" would be an awkward rhyme.

Either way, it's a Killers song, and the lyrics are going to be mediocre anyway. That's not what I listen to them for.

There is absolutely no fucking way that it's "dancer." I mean, it's not like their the most lyrically proficient band around, but that rhyme is painfully retarded, even by their standards.

It's like saying Bono's singing "The Swedish Thing" in "The Sweetest Thing" and consistently defending it when it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Actually, I would argue that "The Swedish Thing" would make more sense than "dancer" ever could.

I like that everyone is focusing on dancer/denser when "my sign is vital" is a painful attempt at pseudo-cleverness that can be heard quite clearly.

their single, human, sounds like they just want a huge radio hit. i really hope the rest of the album isnt like this

:hmm: not actually sure :lol: just the first time I heard it I was like, "that's semi-clever". SEMI I am in no way saying it's brilliant :p.

ETA, also it seems the wink I had placed at the end of my original post has disappeared...I must've accidentally erased it somehow, but I promise it was there at first.

You don't look a bit like Jesus, LeMeL. And you've got soul but you're not a soldier.

Yeah, The Killers essentially don't know how to make music without cringe worthy lines in their songs.

Seriously, the song is growing on me a bit. Sure, it's cheesy, but all of their music is to an extent. At first, it came across as the band forcing an epic first single, but now that I've stopped caring about that, the song's quality is seeping through a bit.

Seriously, the song is growing on me a bit. Sure, it's cheesy, but all of their music is to an extent. At first, it came across as the band forcing an epic first single, but now that I've stopped caring about that, the song's quality is seeping through a bit.

I believe I thought 'When You Were Young' was hands down one of the worst songs lyrically I'd heard in my life the first few times I heard it. Now I like it. The Killers just seem to be that way. Lame, yet catchy.

Yeah, I don't listen to The Killers for their thought-provoking lyrics.

Anyone seen the video for Human yet? I just watched it, and The Killers have continued the tradition of TERRIBLE music videos :tsk:

And I have now seen the feather boa...is this the new mustache? :yikes:

I haven't seen the video but I've heard 'Human' on the radio a few times recently and I gotta say I kinda dig it. The chorus is mucho catchy. And did we ever figure out if it's "dancers" or "denser" or "dancer"???

Back
Top Bottom