The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, this is probably old news for some, but In my bordem at work this morning I stumbled across this:

The Return of The Killers
by Paul Cashmere - August 8 2008

The third album for The Killers will be called ‘Day and Age’.

The band has been working on the album with producer Stuart Price (aka The Thin White Duke). Price worked with The Killers on their two previous albums and also wrote the hits ‘Jump’ and ‘Hung Up’ with Madonna.

David Bowie’s ‘Drive-In Saturday’ and Roy Orbison’s ‘I Drove All Night’ inspired one of the songs, titled ‘Tidal Wave’. Their last album came after singer Brendan Flowers was listening a lot to the Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

The Killers will road-test some of the new material later this month at the Reading and Leeds festivals

Its due in November. What A month that is going to be. :hyper:

I didn't catch them unveiling a name! God, can't wait for this album, the end of this year is fantastic on SO many levels!

I was never able to really like the last album. I liked about half of it then, and that's pretty much the way I feel about it now.

Personally, I LOVE Sam's Town. I like Hot Fuss, but I dunno Hot Fuss looses me after All These Things I've Done, its not that the second half is bad, its still good, I just don't warm to it like the first half.

Sam's Town I can listen to all day! :drool:

Personally, I LOVE Sam's Town. I like Hot Fuss, but I dunno Hot Fuss looses me after All These Things I've Done, its not that the second half is bad, its still good, I just don't warm to it like the first half.

Sam's Town I can listen to all day! :drool:

I kinda feel exactly the same way, though I mean, I do like the second half of Hot Fuss as well, but aside from Change Your Mind, none of the rest are favorites

Hot Fuss was fucking delicious! Sam's Town was okay but whatsisname's vocals got really annoying on several tracks. Hope the new one is good!

. . . but whatsisname's vocals . . .

Ummm, his official name is: Brandon F***ING HOT & BEAUTIFUL & GORGEOUS Flowers.

You can quote me on that. :wink:

I was never able to really like the last album. I liked about half of it then, and that's pretty much the way I feel about it now.

I feel exactly the same way. I LOOOOOVE "Hot Fuss" though; start to finish it is amazingly good!

I hope this new album redeems them from their sophmore slump.

:hyper: new Killers! :hyper:

Just saw them last night in Marlay Park. Unbelievable. One of the best concert's I've ever been too. Can't wait for a new album.

And I prefer Sam's Town 10 times over to Hot Fuss.

I don't like either album as a whole, but they each have tracks I really love...maybe this time they can fully impress me, but I don't have huge expectations.

Cool. :up:

Sam's Town has its moments, but otherwise it was a pretty disappointing album. Hot Fuss was just fucking awesome... hopefully the new one's more like the latter than the former.

:)

When You Were Young
This River Is Wild
Read My Mind (the Duran Duran-esque and Springsteen-esque mixes)

Are my only keepers from that album.

Yeah, this I will have to disagree with. Something about Read My Mind really grates on me. Probably because of I've heard songs like it thousands of times before, and Flowers' voice sounds terrible.

I guess my keepers would be:

Sam's Town
When You Were Young
Bling (Confessions Of A King)
Bones

If any of the other songs were wiped from existence, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Guess what has an official single and album release date :hyper:

From thekillersmusic.com (official site)

The Band's fourth album Day & Age will be released November 25th, 2008 (November 24th in the UK). The Album's first single, "Human," will debut worldwide on September 22nd, 2008, and the digital single will be released on September 30th.
:hyper: NEXT WEEK!

Back
Top Bottom