The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that Letterman performance was good...much better than I was expecting for that song.

Brandon has a pretty good 'live' voice

Just got my GA PIT Tix for their Show on August 31st at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD (less than 5 miles from my house!) thru their presale! :hyper:

can't wait to go see these guys again!:love:

Just got my GA PIT Tix for their Show on August 31st at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD (less than 5 miles from my house!) thru their presale! :hyper:

can't wait to go see these guys again!:love:

:up: That's my birthday (August 31st)!

I'm seeing them 12 days later on September 12th at the Shoreline in Mountain View.
2 miles from where I live.
Doesn't get any better than that now does it!!!
I'm thinking walking might be faster than parking the car.
Looking forward to it already!
3 months to go!

Sure wish u2 had asked The Killers to play with them in Vegas instead of the BEP.
That would have been :combust:!

:up: That's my birthday (August 31st)!

I'm seeing them 12 days later on September 12th at the Shoreline in Mountain View.
2 miles from where I live.
Doesn't get any better than that now does it!!!
I'm thinking walking might be faster than parking the car.
Looking forward to it already!
3 months to go!

Sure wish u2 had asked The Killers to play with them in Vegas instead of the BEP.
That would have been :combust:!

awesome! glad you got tix to see them and so close to you too! very cool... It would of been great if they opened for U2 but this is how I feel about Muse opening for them...I might not survive the awesomeness of it...:faint:

Seeing them tomorrow. have rockin tix in the 3rd row. Still listening to Day and Age. Not sure about it. Seems disjointed.

Still listening to Day and Age. Not sure about it. Seems disjointed.

It's a difficult album to embrace wholeheartedly, isn't it? Something about it.

Last track is very average, the 6 minute Goodnight and Travel Well or whatever it's called. And Dustland Fairytale is Killers' in a very poor autopilot

Just recently finally got this album and gave it a few spins. It's not bad but it doesn't seem to be even close to the ballpark of Hot Fuss. Favourites right now are Losing Touch, Human (minus the WTF 'dancer' lyric), Spaceman and The World We Live In. I think I also liked one other track in the middle of the album, forget which one but it will come to me. Yeah, so I still think that the cover art is more impressive than the album itself.

ETA: This Is Your Life and Neon Tiger. Those are the ones I also like somewhat.

This album is growing on me a bit more with every listen. It is certainly a good pop-rock album. I enjoy it more than Sam's Town and less than Hot Fuss. Damn, now I'll be tempted to spend money that I cannot afford and see them live in December! :grumpy:

Just recently finally got this album and gave it a few spins. It's not bad but it doesn't seem to be even close to the ballpark of Hot Fuss. Favourites right now are Losing Touch, Human (minus the WTF 'dancer' lyric), Spaceman and The World We Live In. I think I also liked one other track in the middle of the album, forget which one but it will come to me. Yeah, so I still think that the cover art is more impressive than the album itself.

ETA: This Is Your Life and Neon Tiger. Those are the ones I also like somewhat.
It's not a great album. I threw Hot Fuss on in the car on the way to Toronto and was amazed by how good it has held up and kinda saddened the Killers will never output anything that decent ever again.

Day & Age has been a grower but I really don't like that final track Goodnight, Travel Well, just not all that impressive....

It's not a great album. I threw Hot Fuss on in the car on the way to Toronto and was amazed by how good it has held up and kinda saddened the Killers will never output anything that decent ever again.

Pretty much. Had a wonderful time seeing the Killers live, but I can't deny the only songs that really drove me wild were from Hot Fuss. That is a very good record, and the peaks of the album are a thrill. But everyone in this thread knows as much.

Back
Top Bottom