The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No way.

I listened to Battle Born on the way to work yesterday and kept thinking, "Song after song, this album makes Brandon Flowers sound like he's in his 50s or 60s, looking back at his youth." The Miss Atomic Bomb video pretty well confirms that.

The good news is the songs are a bit harder live.

I'm now fully back on the Killers bandwagon having seen them live recently.

That is good news. I love this band so much. Am really bummed they aren't doing a proper Australian tour. Damn festivals.

Oh well, we are getting a Springsteen tour so that helps to make up for it. Plenty of time for The Killers to get their act together.

Nice review Ashley. :up:

Glad you had a good time. I wish I would have gone when they played here last month. I watched a few youtube clips and it looked awesome.

'Here With Me' is the only track I still can't get into on Battle Born. 'Miss Atomic Bomb' looks like it really takes off in a live setting.

Re: Dustland Fairytale, I think the lyric: 'Cinderella don't you go to sleep, its such a bitter form of refuge' was referencing his dying mother, but yeah I don't think he mentioned it specifically until this tour.

Nice review Ashley. :up:

Glad you had a good time. I wish I would have gone when they played here last month. I watched a few youtube clips and it looked awesome.

'Here With Me' is the only track I still can't get into on Battle Born. 'Miss Atomic Bomb' looks like it really takes off in a live setting.

Re: Dustland Fairytale, I think the lyric: 'Cinderella don't you go to sleep, its such a bitter form of refuge' was referencing his dying mother, but yeah I don't think he mentioned it specifically until this tour.

Miss atomic bomb built so strongly live it was one of my favorite parts of the show.

That lyric makes sense, maybe it's a rear view mirror type song.

I strongly recommend going if they come back.

Saw the Killers Friday night in Vegas. Haven't done general admission at a rock concert in 20 years, but I survived, and got a great spot about 25 feet from the stage, dead center.

They blew the roof off the place. Amazing show- way better than I expected, and I had high hopes going in. Runaways was 100x better live.

Good stuff- hope to catch them again.

Hah, the audience has no clue that they're witnessing the defining song of one of the biggest bands of the future.

Brandon sounds like he's singing karaoke.

Brandon was a really lousy frontman back in the day, not surprised that the crowd was whatever about that performance.

The drum breakdown in the chorus was hilarious. Pretty shit all around, but they've improved by leaps and bounds.

Brandon Flowers: 'I'm definitely gonna do another solo record' | News | NME.COM

Also The Killers are playing Wembley Stadium on Saturday. Their first stadium show.

and.....for how much shit Sam's Town got when it came out, I find it to be a pretty solid album 7 years later, and I find myself going back to it the most. Deeper tracks like 'My List', 'The River Is Wild' and 'Uncle Johnny' have really grown on me.

I still can't decide whether I love or hate Battle Born.

and.....for how much shit Sam's Town got when it came out, I find it to be a pretty solid album 7 years later, and I find myself going back to it the most.

Probably because you like to remember when you were youuuuuuuunnng.

Day & Age gets shit. I didn't know Sam's Town got shit...

The only one I give shit is Battle Born. They screwed Flesh and Bone up big time.

And Carry Me Home is better than half of the stuff on the album. This album has yet to connect with me...

Probably because you like to remember when you were youuuuuuuunnng.

Haha. 26 is not very young...although its younger than I am now:wink:

Day & Age gets shit. I didn't know Sam's Town got shit...

The only one I give shit is Battle Born. They screwed Flesh and Bone up big time.

Back when Sam's Town came out I remember a critic and fan backlash, both for it sounding so much different than Hot Fuss, and for Brandon Flowers saying it was going to be "the best rock album of the last 20 years". Although it's not like music critics have ever loved The Killers. I don't think any of their albums have above a 65 on Metacritic.

I agree with you on Flesh and Bone. Its better live.

The Jacques Lu Cont bonus track is better on the album, too. They have that one awesome hook that they used in the trailer and it got me so pumped up for it, only to realize it was only used once in the song. Tried to make it an epic hook it seems. Didn't work.

I hope that I look back in a couple of years and I like it though. I'd like to think that The Killers can be one of a very select few bands that I can say I would listen to every single song on every record they've put out. They are, after all, one of my favorite bands.

Sam's Town was 7 years ago? Shit, I remember that being on during an unforgettable lads holiday. Anyway, it means they haven't done anything decent for 7 years. Shame.

I'm pretty sure Sam's Town got way more shit than Day and Age. I think with Day and Age it didn't really get a lot of shit, just mostly very little publicity at all, due mostly in part, to how poorly Sam's Town did.

Back
Top Bottom