The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really enjoying The Man, on the other hand I really cannot recall anything from Battle Born.

I always liked Sam's Town more than Hot Fuss, but listening to HF again today for the first time a while and might have to change my opinion.

However...

Sam's Town
Hot Fuss
Day & Age
Battle Born

Hot Fuss
Day & Age
Battle Born
Sam's Town

I don't think they'll ever make an album as good as Hot Fuss. The other albums have a few great songs, but that's it really.

I didn't like Sams Town when it came out but I've come to like it a lot more over the years.

Read My Mind might be favorite Killers track.

It's interesting The Killers, Arcade Fire and Bloc Party all released their first albums right around the same time (2004) and you can argue that none of them have been able to top their debut album in the 13 years since.

I'm really enjoying The Man. I think it bodes well for the new record being more adventurous than Battle Born.

I think its a fun track and I'm glad its different than Battle Born.

I can see how some people wouldn't get past the lyrics, but it's all very tongue in cheek, especially if you watch the video.

I'm excited to hear the album.

They opened with The Man today in Hyde Park. Also revived some Sam's Town - This River is Wild got a play. Still playing Bling, which I love.

Though something of note. It's 20freaking17 and their stadium show is literally the exact same setup. The stage lights. A lot of the on screen displays. The classic K keyboard cover. The firework rigs. The confetti cannons. Open with new material. Close with Mr. Brightside and When You Were Young.

Don't get me wrong - their show is fantastic, and if anyone can get away with that, it's them. But... gosh guys... mix it up lol

I guess I'm lucky that I don't catch them in stadiums then. Other than the two Sam's Town anniversary shows last fall, I last saw them in an amphitheater I. 2013... opened with Mr. Bright side when the lights were on and they closed with a Battle Born track.

The Sam's Town shows had them open with the album and I think they played 2 or 3 different songs after that for the encore. Ended with All These Things the first night and Mr. Brightside the other.

The pink leather jacket + hot pink confetti worked for me. I feel like their live shows don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...brandon-flowers-wonderful-wonderful-interview

Billboard article about the new record, Wonderful Wonderful, with a lot of U2 references.

I smiled at the comparison of The Killers' commercial success to U2's. I love both bands and see them as completely different entities that are compared too often, but 7 million records sold is not the same as 170 million records sold.

There's also some info about Mark Stoermer's more limited role with the band.

Last edited:
Tracklisting for Wonderful Wonderful:

01 Wonderful Wonderful
02 The Man
03 Rut
04 Life to Come
05 Run for Cover
06 Tyson vs. Douglas
07 Some Kind of Love
08 Out of My Mind
09 The Calling
10 Have All the Songs Been Written

Tyson vs Douglas? Hmm...

The Killers' Brandon Flowers Talks New Album 'Wonderful Wonderful' | Billboard

Billboard article about the new record, Wonderful Wonderful, with a lot of U2 references.

I smiled at the comparison of The Killers' commercial success to U2's. I love both bands and see them as completely different entities that are compared too often, but 7 million records sold is not the same as 170 million records sold.

There's also some info about Mark Stoermer's more limited role with the band.

Thanks for the link. It was an interesting read but the comment that "The Killers’ legacy has been one of malleability, even more so than Bono and Co." is bogus.

Did anyone get tickets today? Vegas GAs were gone by 10:02, when I got let out of the "waiting room."

I think I really like the title track. Definitely something different from them.

The title track sounds like the Killers rewrote Exit with Peter Gabriel's Security playing in the background.

Is that a good thing?

On second listen some of the lyrics are a little cringy. Thee and thou etc

Back
Top Bottom