The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news about Flowers' new album; Flamingo was great! On The Floor and Jilted Lovers are phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Flamingo was stellar so hoping for more of the same.

Jacksonville and the bumpkin Clock was Tickin' were great bonus tracks.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Those first five tracks off the debut were stunning. Amazing opening. Here's hoping this album lives up.

Good news for The Killers fans. They've been playing a few concerts together recently and there's speculation that a new album is in the works. :hyper:

Good news for The Killers fans. They've been playing a few concerts together recently and there's speculation that a new album is in the works. :hyper:

Oh wow never expected that since Branden released his solo album

Oh wow never expected that since Branden released his solo album

They've taken decent-sized breaks before and after Battle Born's released, but there was never any indication that it represented anything more than that. In fact, Brandon has said that his solo releases are only out there because the rest of the band wanted a break from The Killers and that those songs probably would've been recorded with them if not for that. Weirdly enough, I know that Still Want You was rejected by the others when it was a demo for Battle Born too.

There were a lot of rumors based on the band's comments they may call it quits post-Battle Born Tour. I am glad that they are back together and Brandon said they are getting back in the studio this month. Very encouraging.
Plus, they also acknowledge that Battle Born wasn't up to their standards. The album has some good songs, but bears an obvious musical resemblance to Sam's Town. Hopefully they get a bit more experimental.

Considering that Battle Born existed after that break after Day&Age and Branden solo release and all that, i probably shouldn't have been surprised.

Hope so! I really liked Battle Born.

I do too. They've dissed the album since, probably because it wasn't a smash hit.
But "Flesh & Bone", "Rising Tide" and the title track are awesome. Hard not to like "Heart of a Girl", it's almost too happy and sappy, but works. Runaways, Miss Atomic Bomb, Matter of Time, etc are all really solid efforts as well.
I actually decided to give this one a spin for the first time in a while tonight. Better than what I last remembered. I was super into The Killers when it first came out and wore it to death, which is probably why I haven't listened to it in a while. :lol: :lol:

They've taken decent-sized breaks before and after Battle Born's released, but there was never any indication that it represented anything more than that. In fact, Brandon has said that his solo releases are only out there because the rest of the band wanted a break from The Killers and that those songs probably would've been recorded with them if not for that. Weirdly enough, I know that Still Want You was rejected by the others when it was a demo for Battle Born too.

I essentially consider Flamingo and Desired Effect to be a part of the The Killers discography. If you listened to Hot Fuss, Sam's Town, Day&Age, Flamingo, Battle Born, and Desired Effect in that order and had to pick which 2 albums were solo albums, I would have trouble picking.
Hot Fuss, Day and Age, and Desired Effect all sound fairly similar.
While Battle Born sounds like a mix of Sam's Town and Flamingo.

I haven't listened to much of his new solo album, but I can tell the first one (Flamingo) is just him pretty easily. But you're right, Battle Born is sort of where his solo stuff does meet The Killers.

I kinda hated the fact that the Battle Born didn't generate as much "buzz" as it deserved. It was great album, nice songs, but nobody cared. or am I extremely out of touch?

I thought it was downright bad, personally. The best song is a B-side (Carry Me Home). The lead single is stripped down of Killers' identity. The one song that could've saved the album, Flesh and Bone, was underdeveloped and hits it's high note only once leaving you wishing a small section of the song was more of the structure of the hook.

Battle Born would've been better if they made some slight changes.
This would be a better track listing imo....

01 Flesh and Bone
02 Runaways
03 Miss Atomic Bomb
04 The Rising Tide
05 The Way It's Always Been
06 Shot at the Night
07 Carry Me Home
08 Heart of A Girl
09 Prize Fighter
10 Matter of Time
11 Battle Born
12 Be Still

I kinda hated the fact that the Battle Born didn't generate as much "buzz" as it deserved. It was great album, nice songs, but nobody cared. or am I extremely out of touch?

Battle Born was a near perfect album I felt - if they had just chopped Here With Me, it would have been leaner and right on the money flow-wise.

I love almost everything they have produced, and I think the title track is their greatest moment. Why did it fail? Too earnest, too out of step with the times. The Killers aren't cool anymore.

I love "Human". In fact, I love all of Day & Age. It's my favorite Killers album.

I like it too, and I love Day & Age. And the mainstream loved it. Killers fans are generally more critical.

The reason why Battle Born was such a flop in popularity was because Runaways was downright weak as a lead single. Casual fans didn't care. Nowadays, bands that are "cool" release the "songs of the summer." Look at Walk the Moon. They're "cool." Most people only know one song, maybe two. But their entire inventory is pretty good stuff I'd say.

I like it too, and I love Day & Age. And the mainstream loved it. Killers fans are generally more critical.

The reason why Battle Born was such a flop in popularity was because Runaways was downright weak as a lead single. Casual fans didn't care. Nowadays, bands that are "cool" release the "songs of the summer." Look at Walk the Moon. They're "cool." Most people only know one song, maybe two. But their entire inventory is pretty good stuff I'd say.

"Shot At The Night" would've been a stronger lead single if they had put it on Battle Born.
I didn't like "Runaways" at first, but I've found it to be a great road song.

I don't think Runways is a terrible song. It's one of the better ones on the album. It's just a reeeeallly weak lead single.

I agree. Casual fans will hear it and think "Yep. This is what The Killers sound like." A lead single really has to be something dynamic in order to generate some traction in the current music industry. That's why it wasn't really popular.

I really miss these guys. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Looks like they've been playing a bunch of shows lately and the sets have been pretty good.
Midnight Show, Change Your Mind, and a couple other deep tracks have popped up. Hoping they'll do "Believe Me Natalie" or "Sweet Talk", they're some of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom