The Joy Formidable.... A little band from North Wales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I'm surprised their isn't a thread on this kick ass, rockin trio from North Wales.

I absolutely love them! :love: And to see them live is something else!

They rock out live so if you haven't seen them go!

They only have 2 albums out: The Big Roar and A Balloon called Moaning (an EP).

Their new album, unnamed should be great with 2 songs previewed: Wolf's Law and now Cholla. First one is quite the departure for them but its good. And Cholla sounds like TJF with their kick ass guitar sound.

Wolf's Law:

The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law [Official Video] - YouTube

here's the preview of Cholla:
Track Of The Day #138 / News Stories / Music News from THE FLY - The UK's Most Popular Music Magazine

Songs you might know:

Whirring

'WHIRRING' THE JOY FORMIDABLE [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Heavy Abacus:

THE JOY FORMIDABLE - A HEAVY ABACUS [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Austere:

The Joy Formidable - Austere [Official Video] - YouTube

I had the pleasure of a Meet and greet at their show back in March in DC.. So nice and down to earth..

Caught em at FFF last year and they killed. I really should give the album a shot.

The album's great, you should check it out. I felt they could have trimmed a couple of the more similar tracks off, but overall it's one of the better debuts of last year. I do hear they're awesome live, I'm sure I'll catch them on the festival circuit once the new one is out.

They're last album was quite spectacular. This lead single didn't quite grab me, but I am still anxious to hear what's next.

The Big Roar is fucking awesome. Hanging out for them to tour Australia.

Lot of hype about this band. Remembering hearing the song Cradle and being pretty impressed. Might have to check this one out.

i'm telling they are awesome.. please go check out their stuff..

one of the best live bands out there.. This new album from what I hear so far is fab! Lovin it.

I have heard at least 3 songs live off this new album so far and just so rockingly awesome.. Saw them at a charitable concert in DC in Nov (they played silent treatment, Cholla and This ladder is ours)., only 200 people.. great show.

Looking forward to having this on repeat all day at work..

Album was fantastic, far as I could tell. Unfortunately, I got interrupted about 50 times while I was listening to it at work today.

I was just turned on to this band yesterday...I really liked what I heard.

Might hit up their Chicago gig.

Album's great.

yes it sure is! :up:

and having already heard about 4 of the songs live back in November.. Omg.. they just take off..

Looking forward to hearing Little Blimp, Bats, Forest Seranade live... :hyper:

catching the DC show at 930 club! Can't friggin wait!

Back
Top Bottom