The Interferencer Cover Song Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just realized this microphone might be a horrible, horrible thing when I'm drunk.

1234283032638.jpg

So, okay. Knowing me, I'll likely never get around to figuring out the logistics of recording myself doing something, so I found a reasonable representation of me doing my singing thing.

We have a pretty big network of musicians at work, and we do a few concerts a year, where you sign up with your band or just yourself, or, which is what I end up doing, pull together your usual suspects and say "hey, we want to do a set of reggae/zydeco/klezmer - want to sing?"

So here is a clip from a show a few years ago. It was really fun - we did four 80s songs: Back On the Chain Gang (Pretenders), Heartbreaker (Pat Benatar), We Live For Love (Pat Benatar) and everyone's favorite one-hit-wonder-from-Seattle, Harden My Heart (Quarterflash).

There've been other shows I've done with mostly the same group of musicians, but the only other videos still online right now are ones where I'm just singing back up. We're hoping to do a set of early U2 songs, a la a bunch of tracks from the Red Rocks show, but we didn't get on the bill for the fall show. My fingers are crossed that it actually happens (we need to recruit a guitarist), because obviously, I would just be over-the-moon excited about that.

The quality isn't the greatest on this (but at least you can hear me), and I hate watching myself sing because I'm such an ungodly dork, but it's the only one of the clips where I'm reasonably pleased with how I sound (let's just say that those two beers I had did not help me sing Pat Benatar any better).

Dig my "saxophone" solo on the funny little keyboard. Oh, and the bass player does exist - he's just hiding in the shadows.

YouTube - harden my heart

Ta-daaaaa.

Thanks! Believe me, if this thing ever happens, I am putting that shit all over the internet (well, I mean here and Facebook).

Diemen, you should upload something and wow us with your piano prowess. Smack us with a little Liszt. :drool:

As soon as my thumb heals up (sidenote: it's interesting watching your thumb regrow a chunk of skin/tissue that was sliced off) I'll see what I can whip up. Though Liszt wouldn't really be a "cover" would it?

Well ... you didn't write it, did you? :wink:

I thought you already had some stuff recorded - didn't you send me some MP3s of some pieces you'd done or something a few years ago? I thought we had exchanged our old piano recitals or something.

As soon as my thumb heals up (sidenote: it's interesting watching your thumb regrow a chunk of skin/tissue that was sliced off) I'll see what I can whip up. Though Liszt wouldn't really be a "cover" would it?
I had the same thing happen with my pinky finger over the summer. Sliced it while working. It healed back with a noticeable scar on it and there's still some pain if I pressure it in a certain way. But my first thought was that it would fuck up the cops if they found my fingerprints. (side note: I have only a vague understanding of how fingerprints work)

But my first thought was that it would fuck up the cops if they found my fingerprints. (side note: I have only a vague understanding of how fingerprints work)

Heh. That was one of the first things I wondered about, too. Well, after the "holy FUCK I just cut off a chunk of my thumb!!! it hurts it hurts it hurts!!! Oh God the blood!!!"

Turns out that while it may interrupt the pattern, they'd still be able to identify you based on the ridges around the cut. Apparently Dillinger tried to burn his fingerprints off, but they could still ID him using prints.

Cori, you're right, I do have some mp3s. Hmm...

I say upload something. If anyone thinks it's not within the spirit of the thread, they don't have to download it.

But they'd be missing out on some impressive shit. :up:

Alright... so, since Larry's mentioned he's a Schubert fan... here's some Schubert. From my college senior recital. It's a bit quiet so you'll need to turn the volume up. And then you can here some asshat music appreciation student's cellphone go off halfway through. :mad: But other than that it's an okay performance.

Anyway... Schubert Impromptu in C minor, Op. 90 No. 1

:drool: Man, I absolutely love the sound of a piano playing classical music. There's nothing quite as relaxing as that. Awesome, Diemen

i don't play music, but i did almost lose my thumb after it went through a drill press at work in February. i had to manually unwind my thumb from the drill bit.

Bumperoo.
This was the first one I ever made. I tried to sing in a bit of a higher register a la Elliott Smith, so it's not my usual voice. I miss a few notes, but oh wellz. Someone else post some shit. I only have a couple more bump fodder videos before I have to start recording new shit

YouTube - - Biggest Lie

Really well done.

I hope to have some more up relatively soon. Oddly enough, the only one close to ready I recorded drunk.

Back
Top Bottom