The Interferencer Cover Song Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry GAF, got to this late, so I wasn't much help. I'm using a Mac, so I probably wouldn't be that much help anyway. I use Audacity for editing actual MP3 files and it seems like a fairly intuitive program. Looking forward to hearing some stuff from you!

We're back. And I made this bump count:

The Replacements - Sixteen Blue cover - YouTube

By far the most intricate cover I've ever done. The percussion isn't a drum machine, the guitar was mic'd through an amp, there's EQ and shit...but you know what? This song is worth the effort. Tell me what you guys think.

Here's a download link in case the youtube video sounds terrible (I didn't listen to it through headphones or anything, so I have no idea): http://www.divshare.com/download/18560116-dc7

Hey Lemel, that sounds wicked man. Probably the best mixed tune of the lot. Take a gold star. Quality bump

We're back. And I made this bump count:

The Replacements - Sixteen Blue cover - YouTube

By far the most intricate cover I've ever done. The percussion isn't a drum machine, the guitar was mic'd through an amp, there's EQ and shit...but you know what? This song is worth the effort. Tell me what you guys think.

Here's a download link in case the youtube video sounds terrible (I didn't listen to it through headphones or anything, so I have no idea): Sixteen Blue.mp3 - DivShare

Tight cover! I dig it.

Wicked job, edgeu2! You've got some skillz. My one and only crit would be the dual vocals during the verses are a bit much. Maybe bring the mix down on one of them? I think the issue is that they aren't really harmonies, so they sound sort of echo-y or something. Other than that, sweetness. Glad to see someone else on board

I still think a few of us should do a Postal Service type tune where we all contribute a part. We can call it the Email Service. Someone lays something down and sends it off to the next person.

Wicked job, edgeu2! You've got some skillz. My one and only crit would be the dual vocals during the verses are a bit much. Maybe bring the mix down on one of them? I think the issue is that they aren't really harmonies, so they sound sort of echo-y or something. Other than that, sweetness. Glad to see someone else on board

Thanks a lot! I agree about the double vocals. I was considering not using one of them but I felt like the vocal lacked some power, so I left it in. I think one track should be brought down some in the mix though. Enough so it'll retain power but not sound as echoey.

:up:

Takes balls (ovaries?) to put yourself out there, especially if you're not super experienced.

:)

Well done, man.
Your voice has improved 100 fold

Can you post the chords? This is the one I wanted to learn from the new album. Can't play piano, so I might as well keep it to myself, but I'd still like to learn it

Intro/Verses: Bm E A D
"And everybody was gone...": F#m D
Outro: A E Bm D

Though if you're going with the guitar, try this:

Capo on 2nd
Intro/Verses: Am D G C
"And everybody was gone...": Em C
Outro: G D Am C

Appreciate it, thanks. I originally was just going to do piano and guitar but it sounded way too sparse, so I played around with the keyboard and was able to recreate most of the orchestral elements with it. Certain settings on my keyboard sound very close to the horn and string sounds you hear on National songs.

Intro/Verses: Bm E A D
"And everybody was gone...": F#m D
Outro: A E Bm D

Though if you're going with the guitar, try this:

Capo on 2nd
Intro/Verses: Am D G C
"And everybody was gone...": Em C
Outro: G D Am

Awesome - I've been wanting to learn this as well. They love that Bm chord.

weird. I was thinking about this thread today. Might do one up in the next week or so. Need a new set of strings first

I laid down a lot of tracks for this next one but am struggling with guitar tones. Once I finish this cover I really need to invest in an effects unit.

I'm trying to make a nice arrangement for a piano version of England. Might try to post it in a couple of weeks... if it's not too embarrassing.

Strip it down

rick_rubin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom