The Interference Yuletide Playlist Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not a bad idea, but what if I get someone's name, and the things they want, I don't have? If someone says they want to explore prog rock, they're out of luck if I get their name.

Not as something strict to be held to, of course.

And, plus, if they list some bands they have a lot of, I'm sure you have other bands and musicians they don't have listed.

Should there be something in place so that people aren't giving others something they already have? Something like, each person (before the selection of the matches) posts some examples of bands they already have plenty of, or some bands/genres they're lacking in and might want to explore? That way, the lists can be made a little more focused.

Sounds good to me. Punch out your wish lists here, if you have one.

THE LIST
1. LemonMelon
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. liamcool
4. Axver
5. bono_212
6. The Sad Punk
7. Mr. V
8. LJT
9. phillyfan26
10. corianderstem
11. Screwtape2
12. pepokiss
13. Joey788

I'm in. I usually make mixes for my friends at the end of the year anyway, and I've been discovering plenty of interesting music this year.

My music list:

Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, Anathema, Anthony Phillips, Ayreon, Brian Eno, Camel, Caravan, The Chameleons, Chroma Key, The Creatures, The Cure, Cynic, David Bowie, Dead Can Dance, Derek Sherinian, The Doors, Dream Theater, Echo And The Bunnymen, Elvis Costello, The Flower Kings, Frank Zappa, Fripp and Eno, Genesis, Gentle Giant, The Glove, Green Carnation, Happy The Man, I Mother Earth, IQ, Iron Maiden, The Jam, James LaBrie, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Joni Mitchell, Jordan Rudess, Joy Division, Kate Bush, Keith Tippett, Kevin Gilbert, King Crimson, Liquid Tension Experiment, Magazine, Marillion, Megadeth, Meshuggah, Metallica, New Order, Nick Drake, Opeth, Peter Gabriel, Peter Hammill, Phil Collins, Phish, Pink Floyd, The Police, Porcupine Tree, The Psychedelic Furs, R.E.M., Richard Wright, Robert Fripp, Roger Waters, Roxy Music, Rush, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Sisters Of Mercy, Split Enz, Spock's Beard, Steve Hackett, Steve Vai, The Stranglers, Supertramp, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Television, Thompson Twins, Transatlantic, UK, Ultravox, Van Der Graaf Generator, The Velvet Underground, Wire, The Wishing Tree, Yes

My music list:

Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, Anathema, Anthony Phillips, Ayreon, Brian Eno, Camel, Caravan, The Chameleons, Chroma Key, The Creatures, The Cure, Cynic, David Bowie, Dead Can Dance, Derek Sherinian, The Doors, Dream Theater, Echo And The Bunnymen, Elvis Costello, The Flower Kings, Frank Zappa, Fripp and Eno, Genesis, Gentle Giant, The Glove, Green Carnation, Happy The Man, I Mother Earth, IQ, Iron Maiden, The Jam, James LaBrie, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Joni Mitchell, Jordan Rudess, Joy Division, Kate Bush, Keith Tippett, Kevin Gilbert, King Crimson, Liquid Tension Experiment, Magazine, Marillion, Megadeth, Meshuggah, Metallica, New Order, Nick Drake, Opeth, Peter Gabriel, Peter Hammill, Phil Collins, Phish, Pink Floyd, The Police, Porcupine Tree, The Psychedelic Furs, R.E.M., Richard Wright, Robert Fripp, Roger Waters, Roxy Music, Rush, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Sisters Of Mercy, Split Enz, Spock's Beard, Steve Hackett, Steve Vai, The Stranglers, Supertramp, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Television, Thompson Twins, Transatlantic, UK, Ultravox, Van Der Graaf Generator, The Velvet Underground, Wire, The Wishing Tree, Yes

You can never have enough Rush, Liam.

Have I ever told you how that just SLAYS The Unforgettable Fire?

No?

Wonder why ...

You were ashamed, I understand, but it's ok to admit it now. We're here for you, we will support you. You don't have to hide it any more.

Dear Whoever Is Lucky Enough To Get Me,

These are my favourite artists.

U2. Arctic Monkeys. The Last Shadow Puppets. Coldplay. The Beatles. Bloc Party. Franz Ferdinand. Bruce Springsteen. Radiohead. LCD Soundsystem. The Strokes. The Killers. The Who. Frightened Rabbit.

These are some artists I'm interested in, but haven't had the time to listen to completely.

!!!. Hot Chip. REM. Blur. We Are Scientists. The Cribs. The Shins. Modest Mouse. Of Montreal. Joy Division. Public Image Ltd. John Lennon's solo stuff.

I'd like from my list, if possible, a mixture between stuff I like, the stuff I want to get into, and anything you think I'll like judged on the artists listed in this post. Please throw in a token cheesy Christmas song.

Good tidings,

Mr. V.

These are my favorite artists.

Arcade Fire, Andrew Bird, the Beatles, Beck, The Clash, Coldplay, The Duke Spirit, Evanescence, Foo Fighters, Garbage, George Harrison, Interpol, Jeff Buckley, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Keane, The Killers, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Paul McCartney, The Police, The Raconteurs, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rolling Stones, Rush, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, U2, The White Stripes, The Who

These are artists I greatly dislike.

Snow Patrol, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Porcupine Tree, Goldfrapp, Oasis, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan,any other prog-rock, any type of rap, any type of folk rock

I've been wanting to get into more indie type of rock as well as alternative rock (such as Radiohead).

I hope this is helpful to whoever gets me.

ahh I guess anything goes for me, as long as you think it's good I will give it a fair go....usually the less known it is the better...so if you think you have a little known band everyone should like, let me hear it!! Otherwise anything, anything at all.

I'm in if there's still room. I'm in the process of converting my old vinyl records to MP3 format, so I will have more stuff available to share than I did before. Whoever gets my playlist will have some retro goodness coming their way.

THE LIST
1. LemonMelon
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. liamcool
4. Axver
5. bono_212
6. The Sad Punk
7. Mr. V
8. LJT
9. phillyfan26
10. corianderstem
11. Screwtape2
12. pepokiss
13. Joey788
14. the tourist
15. LemonMacPhisto
16. Bono's shades

We need four more people.

I'm surprised it's taking this long to fill up!

THE LIST
1. LemonMelon
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. liamcool
4. Axver
5. bono_212
6. The Sad Punk
7. Mr. V
8. LJT
9. phillyfan26
10. corianderstem
11. Screwtape2