The Interference Yuletide Playlist Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll go in.

Almost all of my cds are in storage right now since I'm in between places. But I think I have enough cds in my car to make a decent 80 min. playlist . . . as long as I don't get Axver; I don't think I own any kind of music he likes. :yikes:

(Oh, and P.S. - Great idea LM! :D :wink: )

Hey, I signed up, too. Why don't you like me? :sad:

Did I miss you? :shocked:

THE LIST
1. LemonMelon
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. liamcool
4. Axver
5. bono_212
6. The Sad Punk
7. Mr. V
8. LJT
9. phillyfan26
10. corianderstem
11. Screwtape2
12. pepokiss
13. Joey788
14. the tourist
15. LemonMacPhisto
16. Bono's shades
17. onebloodonelife
18. FitzChivalry
19. BonoIsMyMuse

I'll grab the last place if it's still going begging :up:

Here are my top artists on last.fm so you can get an idea of what I like. I've been really into jazz this year. I'm fairly burned out on the Beatles and the Stones. I don't like Coldplay and most contemporary country. I'm interested in discovering new groups or singer/songwriters in pretty much any genre. No Christmas music would be awesome, unless it's by someone I'd probably really like.

What are people mostly hoping for? A themed playlist, a playlist based on music that they like or a playlist based on the music the playlist compiler likes?
I was going to go with a themed list but I'm not sure what other people are expecting? :shrug:
And I had such a good theme too. Damn.

You can make a theme list, if you wish. There are no specific expectations, at least not from me. I purposely removed the restrictions to make sure the lists have a more individual touch.

Oh, and forgot to post the final list:

THE LIST
1. LemonMelon
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. liamcool
4. Axver
5. bono_212
6. The Sad Punk
7. Mr. V
8. LJT
9. phillyfan26
10. corianderstem
11. Screwtape2
12. pepokiss
13. Joey788
14. the tourist
15. LemonMacPhisto
16. Bono's shades
17. onebloodonelife
18. FitzChivalry
19. BonoIsMyMuse
20. partygirlvox

What are people mostly hoping for? A themed playlist, a playlist based on music that they like or a playlist based on the music the playlist compiler likes?
I was going to go with a themed list but I'm not sure what other people are expecting? :shrug:
And I had such a good theme too. Damn.

I'm sending cool Christmas tracks that may be a little obscure mixed with some classics... or something like that.

The Charlie Brown Soundtrack serves as the basis for the types of songs on there.

I'm sending cool Christmas tracks that may be a little obscure mixed with some classics... or something like that.

The Charlie Brown Soundtrack serves as the basis for the types of songs on there.

If I get your name, I'm sending my patented indietastic Christmas disc.

Joey, just as a matter of interest, what is it about prog and folk that makes you greatly dislike it?

Well, that's tough for me to really say. Maybe it's because I just don't really like the artists in those genres that I've heard. I really dislike Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, the Grateful Dead, and Simon and Garfunkel. But that might just be due to the fact that those are my dad's favorite groups and he plays them way too much so I've been turned off from them since I was really young. I guess it's more like I'm not a fan of those harmonic, multi-singer classic folk groups.

As for prog rock, it just seems rather excessive to me. Like, the artists seem to be experimenting just for the sake of making something artsy. They seem to focus more on trying to see how innovative they can be in a song than on the actual quality of a song.

That was tougher than I thought to explain. Hope I answered your question.

what I like:

U2, Kiss, Queen, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Keane, Oasis, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Stereophonics, Foo Fighters, REM, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Elton John, Aerosmith, Arcade Fire, Stratovarius, X Japan, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Robbie Williams

What I'd like to hear:
Genesis w/Peter Gabriel (after seeing the "music box" video, I was blown away), Pink Floyd, a good Bon Jovi power song (not crappy balads), 1 U2 song (surprise me), Frank LIVE, Clapton rocking.

I want to learn some music, too

What I DON'T wanna hear:
Progresive rock with no soul... if the music takes me places, fine, if it's just beat changes, fuck off
NIRVANA

what you'll hear from me:
I want you to learn a little... so I'm going all southamerican rock on my playlist:

Soda Stereo, Seru Giran, La Renga, Los Prisioneros, Los Tres, La Ley, and more...
GREAT songs, good rockers, and amazing lyrics... in spanish

:wave:

My favorite artists: U2, Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M., The Beatles, The Police, The Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, INXS, Crowded House, The Pretenders, Simon and Garfunkel, Aretha Franklin, The Clash, Jeff Buckley, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Prince, the Eurythmics, Tom Petty, the Smiths and Roy Orbison.

Don't bother sending me: Coldplay, Bon Jovi.

What I'd like: Other than the two bands listed above, I'm open to just about anything.

I don't really wanna say who I like and dislike. I want to hear some new stuff.

Which is precisely why I didn't bring it up in the original post.

However, if some of you wish to, that's great. Makes putting the playlists together easier.

Well, that's tough for me to really say. Maybe it's because I just don't really like the artists in those genres that I've heard. I really dislike Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, the Grateful Dead, and Simon and Garfunkel. But that might just be due to the fact that those are my dad's favorite groups and he plays them way too much so I've been turned off from them since I was really young. I guess it's more like I'm not a fan of those harmonic, multi-singer classic folk groups.

As for prog rock, it just seems rather excessive to me. Like, the artists seem to be experimenting just for the sake of making something artsy. They seem to focus more on trying to see how innovative they can be in a song than on the actual quality of a song.

That was tougher than I thought to explain. Hope I answered your question.

Yeah, that's alright. I thought it was just a "omfg prog I'm a pretentious twat so everybody who's not Thom Yorke can die" thing, but that's a fair point.

Alright, my one suggestion for people who get me:

I lack high quality hip-hop/rap since most of the "hits" of that genre don't interest me at all. However, if the person drawing my name has some of that good stuff in this genre, I'd be interested in checking it out.

My suggestion - anything new, anything experimental. I want to get into new bands and genres this next year. I'm not the biggest fan of hip hop but, whatever, I'll go with the flow :up:

... I know who I've got :D Oh yeah.

It's a slow night. I got bored and drew the names a bit early. :wink:

Everyone should now know who they got. Check your PMs.

Well, I obviously checked my inbox a hell of a lot quicker than anyone else. :wink:

Did you really use the hat? DID YOU?!

I guess we keep secret who we got till we actually send them? Surprises are always fun.

I guess we keep secret who we got till we actually send them? Surprises are always fun.

Yep, keep quiet until you send your list out.

Remember, you can send your list out at any point between now and the 22nd. I set that date specifically because I assumed that a number of people wouldn't be here from the 23th to the 25th.

Back
Top Bottom