The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #91
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 02:22 PM
mmm i remember that article.

How long to go till the concert girlhappy?!

Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #92
War Child

Local Time: 03:22 AM
The concert is on July 6th. i still cant believe it
I think it will be awsome. Btw.i really like a lot Bonos comparison with Oscar Wilde(i am in love with Oscar) and yea,Morrissey sure has this painful beauty.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #93
War Child

Local Time: 04:22 AM
Well, like Moz said: He has read everything from and about Oscar (which I am in love with,too!) Wilde. ) How can't you be. His using of words is so perfect and he has such an ironic side... lovely. And Moz is just like him. you can hear this in every one of his songs!!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:57 AM   #94
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 02:22 PM
also a fan of Oscar Wilde. After all one of his quotes is my favourite quote ever!

we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

morrissey also writes the most thoughtful beautful things as well

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way ?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Tried living in the real world
Instead of a shell
But before I began ...
I was bored before I even began

All men have secrets and here is mine
So let it be known
For we have been through hell and high tide
I think I can rely on you ...
And yet you start to recoil
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
But still I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you

love the moz
Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #95
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Everlastinglove
Well, like Moz said: He has read everything from and about Oscar (which I am in love with,too!) Wilde. ) How can't you be. His using of words is so perfect and he has such an ironic side... lovely. And Moz is just like him. you can hear this in every one of his songs!!
You are absolutely right! I never saw that connection before(how strangei s that?).But, really, Occar loved mixture of irony and paradox with beauty the most!
The thing i need to share with you is that i listened new album yesterday. It is really most beautiful ever!To me you are worl of art.....On the streets i ran ....and every song is special and piece of art. His happinnes didnt do any damage, i can see.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/22823

so morrissey has a thing or 2 to say about U2 and bono?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #97
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/22823

so morrissey has a thing or 2 to say about U2 and bono?

Listen, i know it doesnt sound so good for Bono, but i can understand Moz in a way. He is lyrical genius, thats the thing.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #98
War Child

Well to be honest.... Moz is A LOT BETTER than Bono. Lyrically! It's hard to compare them but when it's about lyrics Moz is the better one. And hey, he said: he's nice.... Did Moz ever say someone is nice?????!!!! So it's a HUGE compliment!!!

@ Girlhappy, like I said, he's a huge Wilde fan! Can't imagine why! (Well, yes I can!)
Old 04-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #99
Refugee

He does have a point with the radio 1 playlist, they are making their listeners miss out on some great music because of that ridiculous age policy thing they have, but from a personal point of view I'm glad they introduced it, so I don't have to listen to that monotonus fat boring twerp moyles, Jesus, I had the misfortune to be working away from home recently, with a predominantly younger group of people, who HAD to start their day listening to that stupid immature twat, whilst waiting for breakfast one day, I timed how long he was prattling on between records vainly trying to sound humourous, but failing dismally, he, & his equally unfunny companions went on for 14 minutes before playing another song, no wonder Mark Lamarr rips him to shreds any time his name is mentioned, how anyone with an IQ in double figures can find that overpaid gimp funny is totally beyond me!!!
There, glad to get that off my chest
Old 04-20-2006, 04:06 AM   #100
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Everlastinglove
Well to be honest.... Moz is A LOT BETTER than Bono. Lyrically! It's hard to compare them but when it's about lyrics Moz is the better one. And hey, he said: he's nice.... Did Moz ever say someone is nice?????!!!! So it's a HUGE compliment!!!

@ Girlhappy, like I said, he's a huge Wilde fan! Can't imagine why! (Well, yes I can!)

Well ,you are right! Moz has a hard time to say something nice about someone
To be honest: as much as i adore u2 ,especially early stuff,...it is hard for me not to say that i got feeling...Well,like i said for Moz i think that happinnes didnt spoil him. What i meant is he is stong lyrically as he is usually. But, as for u2...a think that in the last two albums happiness sort of "spoiled" them.Like..they are in too much comfort with their happy families, money and everything.
i still love them, but Moz will obviously never lose his super-sensibility and he will always be aware of the other side. just my two cents
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
He does have a point with the radio 1 playlist, they are making their listeners miss out on some great music because of that ridiculous age policy thing they have, but from a personal point of view I'm glad they introduced it, so I don't have to listen to that monotonus fat boring twerp moyles, Jesus, I had the misfortune to be working away from home recently, with a predominantly younger group of people, who HAD to start their day listening to that stupid immature twat, whilst waiting for breakfast one day, I timed how long he was prattling on between records vainly trying to sound humourous, but failing dismally, he, & his equally unfunny companions went on for 14 minutes before playing another song, no wonder Mark Lamarr rips him to shreds any time his name is mentioned, how anyone with an IQ in double figures can find that overpaid gimp funny is totally beyond me!!!
There, glad to get that off my chest
I think the chris moyles show is great. He's far more entertaining than any other of their DJ's.

Also notice how Never Mind The Buzzcocks is much better without that egotistical twat mark lamarr presenting it. The guest presenters are much better. Especially Clarkson the other week
Old 04-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #102
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1stepcloser
[B]

I think the chris moyles show is great. He's far more entertaining than any other of their DJ's.

There really is no accounting for taste
Old 04-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #103
Refugee

Just out of curiosity what is entertaining about his show?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie

He makes me laugh. Comedy Dave makes me laugh. If people find him offensive then fine, i like it. If he says something offensive and i find it funny then i won't take the moral highground, i'll just laugh. He's got the highest listener ratings the Radio 1 breakfast show has had for years and that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. he's pulled them out of the doldrums and fair play to him.

I don't really get much of a chance to listen to the show now 'cos i'm a lazy student and by the time i wake up it's usually Jo Whiley or Colin Murray on

Moyles or Wogan in the morning? there's only one answer to that question really...
Old 04-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #105
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by girlhappy

Well ,you are right! Moz has a hard time to say something nice about someone
To be honest: as much as i adore u2 ,especially early stuff,...it is hard for me not to say that i got feeling...Well,like i said for Moz i think that happinnes didnt spoil him. What i meant is he is stong lyrically as he is usually. But, as for u2...a think that in the last two albums happiness sort of "spoiled" them.Like..they are in too much comfort with their happy families, money and everything.
i still love them, but Moz will obviously never lose his super-sensibility and he will always be aware of the other side. just my two cents
Well, I don't think that they have been spoiled with everything. There was a lot what was going on the past 5 years that wasn't that good. It's just they are doing mainstream lyrics. That's all. Moz NEVER will be mainstream. Thank god. That's what makes it interessting. Lyrically I loved the early U2 work a lot more than the present one.... Bono writes good love songs... from time to time . But noone can write them as good as Moz.

"and if a double-decker bus crashes into us - to die by your side is such a beautiful way to die...." I mean it's true... If you are REALLY in love you feel that way...! Bono's best love songs always are about Ali. They are DEFINITELY NOT bad... it's just that they are more personal to him.... If I would not be a U2 fan... maybe I could listen to those tracks more objective.... but as I am I always know that they're about Ali...
Moz is more open... you can relate to those lyrics...

Tags
morrissey, the smiths