The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread

girlhappy said:

i like your name..and J.Joyce:ohmy:

me too!
i was born on bloomsday so it has been a nickname of mine since i was very wee...

Like the Bowie images, Molly Bloom, obviously a Morrissey, & Bowie fan, did you ever see the Morrissey interview with Jonathan Ross, a couple of years ago, I missed it myself, & any repeats since, I'm told he had a bit of a go at Bowie, wondered if you could shed some light on it, please.

jimmmm said:
Like the Bowie images, Molly Bloom, obviously a Morrissey, & Bowie fan, did you ever see the Morrissey interview with Jonathan Ross, a couple of years ago, I missed it myself, & any repeats since, I'm told he had a bit of a go at Bowie, wondered if you could shed some light on it, please.
I know I'm not the person you're asking, but anyway... The Bowie comments were edited out of the actual broadcast, but they were reported by the NME.
http://www.nme.com/news/108493.htm

How could anybody possibly know how i feel....awwwwww thats the thing.I am living this song right now like completely. Sometzimes, i wonder..if Moz desnt exist, how could i posssibly know that i am normal?:wink:
In the sense,,,he writes down the things and pain that i feel

TheQuiet1 said:
I've had 'I Know It's Over' on repeat for ages :drool: Just thought I'd share that piece of useless info. It's a really great song, fantastic lyrics ('Oh Mother I can feel the soil falling in over my head'- has there ever been a better expression of desolation in music?!), amazing vocal and the song picks up at exactly the right moment. :up:

Ouiet1 i "ve found your comment after all. And i must confess...i use your expression" Moz is Oscar Wilde of our time " a lot!!!!!!:heart:

When I first heard 'I Know It's Over' (by far and away my fav. Smiths' song at the moment) I actually didn't really like it. I don't know why but I just didn't get it :shrug: Then I was reading an old Q Special magazine called The Top 1000 Songs Ever. Naturally, 'I Know It's Over' was in there and the reviewer said "'Oh Mother I can feel the soil falling in over my head'- there's never been a greater expression of desolation in music" or words to that effect and I thought he's right! That's a fantastic lyric! And it encouraged me to listen to the song again and I loved it as soon as I heard it again.

So thank you but I can't claim credit for the phrase!
And I also don't think that it was me who said about Moz being the Oscar Wilde of our time but whoever said it was spot on!

Also I watched Moz on Later With Jools Holland the other night, he was amazing, a true singer if ever there was one. :up: His sincerity shines through and I think that's THE most important thing that I look for in a singer. Nevermind if you can't sing a single note, so long as you're sincere in what you're singing then you're OK in my book!! :wink:

The Quiet1, i know what you mean.As for I know its over i read somewhere "An incredibly beautiful song that proves unlistenable for many fans due its almost unbearable emotional intensity". And i an feel it ..that intensity is too much sometimes.
Moz means SO MUCH to me at this moment. He has that sincerity like you said. And thats why he keeps me alive:wink:
New album for example: Oh my God when will i be where i should be? Is the song for me right now
:ohmy: :ohmy:

I bought The Smiths eponymous debut album a few days ago. 4 of the songs i already had on my Best Of but i still wanted to buy the album. Quite a good solid debut album. Couple of songs i don't like are Suffer Little Children and Miserable Lie (that falsetto part :mad: ). The rest of the album is fine though and Reel Around The Fountain is a fabulous song :drool:

Good album :up:

He knows i"d love to see him is my favourite one AT this point as well as Glamorous Glue.
As for Reel around the fountain..how tender is that?:drool:
I like Miserable lie...what do we get for our suffering and pain...i wonder for years also:wink:

I saw the You have killed me video a while ago, and really loved the song, then a few weeks ago I bought his best of, and I loved it. And I bought 3 of his albums since then. great stuff

Irishteen said:
I saw the You have killed me video a while ago, and really loved the song, then a few weeks ago I bought his best of, and I loved it. And I bought 3 of his albums since then. great stuff

I am so glad that teens are getting to know more of MOz. He is really worth all attention. I see him as a greatest poet ever, he is like some kind of hero of our times.
I love him for his sensible voice, witty lyrics and again for his tenderness and sharpness at the same time. He is absolutely brilliant. I love him as much as i love u2. At this point i am much closer to Moz , i must admit. (far from u2-ey faith :huh: :( )

@girlhappy:

It's ok, I know what you're talking about. I think we've had this discussion before but anyway: You're feeling closer to Moz than to U2 somehow. it's hard to explain.... Guess, now you know what I am talking about....

And yes, it's great that teens are "worshipping" him. ;)

hello, i'v been a fan of the smiths for 4 years now

have any of you guys got the book, songs that saved your life? by simon goddard. Its very accurate and gives abit of insight into how the smiths formed and also the sources for morrissey's lyrics,
a good read.
The way they end is kinda heart-breaking cause it looks as though it could have been avoidable.

I just wish the smiths could have stayed together and conquered the world (they should have been as big as u2 in my opinion)

im going to see morrissey in bennicasim in spain later this month.1 really looking forward to it (especially for the smiths songs!!!),

just got the latest album i am a little disappointed admitidly, the lyrical content is....familliar (i mean in the space of an album, he has been killed, a father is killed and the youngest is a killer for christs sake!!!......he is capable of more than this!!) that said i do like dear god please help me (dirty morrissey :macdevil: )

life is a pigsty is one that really grabbed me the other day.
for a lyricist that i associate with being strong and aggressive, its really weird to see him writing such vunerable (in a good sense)
lyrics.....

lol i heard the other day that morrissey really wanted to enter the eurovision song contest next year..........he'd obviously win, it would be overkill

OMG,i saw him!!!!!!!! It was more than dreams thing , really. Oscar Wilde backdrop, he is far more good looking than i could imagine, his dancing is brillant, his voice is ............. his jokes are hillarious.like... i see smiling faces, soon there will be tears. or life goes on...just. You cant repeat his sense of humour,really.
I dont think i would be happier watching u2, honestly. I just felt pure happinnes and beauty. He is genius. Dear, witty Moz

girlhappy said:
OMG,i saw him!!!!!!!! It was more than dreams thing , really. Oscar Wilde backdrop, he is far more good looking than i could imagine, his dancing is brillant, his voice is ............. his jokes are hillarious.like... i see smiling faces, soon there will be tears. or life goes on...just. You cant repeat his sense of humour,really.
I dont think i would be happier watching u2, honestly. I just felt pure happinnes and beauty. He is genius. Dear, witty Moz

:D Congrats! That must have meant so much to you. :applaud:

No, I've never seen him in the flesh but he does seem to have this certain something about him that comes across even in just plain photos.

No pics.Everlasting. :(
But, picture in grey like Dorian Gray.....well, that one is more important. :shrug:
I cant tell you how amusing he is. He was in high spirits!!!!, joking, enjoying himself, and behind him Oscar Wilde. Just perfect .
That picture of Wilde moved me to tears. It was completely beautiful and appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom