The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, def. i would agree. Meat is murder is great but the lyrics and music of the queen is dead are just AMACING!!! :lmao:

"She said ey I know you and you cannot sing. I said that is nothing you should hear me play piano...." :lmao:
Typically Morrissey!

One of the finest albums ever!

No.. I tried to get tickets (a friend of mine lives in Manchester) but it was impossible to get any tickets unfortunately..

However I saw him in Amsterdam and in a few weeks I will go the Pinkpopfestival

Did you see him in Manchester? What did you think??

Oh.. and I would recommand TheQuiet1 to buy Strangeaways, here we come from the Smiths as her newt album. it's in my humble opinion the best album the Smiths/Mozzer made..

No, haven't seen him EVER! Unfortunatelly. Maybe some time....

But fans in the morrissey chat said it's not that diff. to get one... you have to be there before the concert... maybe you're having a bigger chance then....

I would love to see him...

girlhappy said:
it just goes through my head..rejection is-.----(i dont know)
but rejection from the fool is cruel

I dont know the name of the song either. Anyone?

"I Don't Mind if You Forget Me." It's on his solo debut Viva Hate.

I don't really like Morrisseys solo stuff that much but it'd still like to see him live cos i know he plays some Smiths stuff so that would be amazing to see.

yeah, 1stepcloser. I know what you mean!
I started beeing fan of Moz cause of The Smiths...
But the last album is pretty good! Ringleaders of the Tormentors...
Quite a few amacing songs on it...

Maybe you'll listen to it some time!
Enjoy it (I do).

People, i just got "The world of Morrissey" and there is "Moon river" on it. i heard his version right after i saw Breakfast at Tiffany"s again and i cried and cried...it is SO BEAUTIFUL! (movie and Moz both):drool:

You mean does Morrissey can be gentle and kind? Yes, i can hear it in his voice in almost every song. It is just ...ibelieve he was very much hurt in the past so he is expressing it through irony and sometimes even heavy irony:)but still... its a powerful line(it takes strength to be gentle and kind) .It means it takes strength for kindness depite all shity things and people!Just my opinion....

I don't think that everyone who loves irony or sarcasm has been hurt in the past... but that's my opinion. There are definitely times when he can be gentle and kind... especially when he's not on stage! ;) I guess he needs the right person to open himself... Jeez, I sound like a psychiatrist! :lol:

After numerous listens, I'm going to have to admit that I'm disappointed with Ringleader of the Tormentors. It's catchy, the songs are enjoyable, the music is good, but it just flat out seems lazy in terms of Morrissey-esque songwriting. Where's the humor? Where's the sarcasm? Where's the cleverness? I don't even mind that it's not negative, etc. I've personally never really found The Smiths or Morrissey to be all that depressing. I miss the humor, the clever lines, the unique wordplay. None of it is really there in this album, and that's usually all I want from a Morrissey album.

Is it still enjoyable to listen to? Yes. Is the backing music great? Yes. Is Morrissey's song writing great? Not for him. Would I like it if it wasn't Morrissey? Not so sure.

u2popmofo said:
After numerous listens, I'm going to have to admit that I'm disappointed with Ringleader of the Tormentors. It's catchy, the songs are enjoyable, the music is good, but it just flat out seems lazy in terms of Morrissey-esque songwriting. Where's the humor? Where's the sarcasm? Where's the cleverness? I don't even mind that it's not negative, etc. I've personally never really found The Smiths or Morrissey to be all that depressing. I miss the humor, the clever lines, the unique wordplay. None of it is really there in this album, and that's usually all I want from a Morrissey album.

Is it still enjoyable to listen to? Yes. Is the backing music great? Yes. Is Morrissey's song writing great? Not for him. Would I like it if it wasn't Morrissey? Not so sure.

I definitely disagree. From the first moment i was deeply moved by beauty on this album. I felt like i really found real strength and it is a very powerful album in m. opinion. I completely understand what you are trying to say. (humor, wordplay). But,....if Moz feel happiness after all (i just might with a smile on my face aftter all . i guess you miss lines like this one):),,,,i found that powerful too.
As for irony... On the streets i ran i can read irony and also in few other songs. But there is a beauty, and strength and i can relate very much to it. (even though i coudnt be more far from happinnes at the moment):|

I just cant believe he will actually sing in front of me! i listen to Moz every day before my work and i am filled with sensibility afterwards:) As i listen to the Smiths and old Morrissey again so far my fav. albums are Meat is murder and Your arsenal. I always loved these two albums. :drool:

Re: The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

Everlastinglove said:
Hi folks!!! :)

Are there any Moz Fans out there in the U2 Universe???? I am really looking forward to his new album (coming out on 7th April!!! ;))

Any Smiths/Moz Fans around here?

did you like the album?
i love the album:D
rome rome rome

Back
Top Bottom