The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't decide if I want to go see him again or not. I have a work conflict that night so the real question is whether I like Morrissey enough to lie to my boss, saying I'm sick.

I can't decide if I want to go see him again or not. I have a work conflict that night so the real question is whether I like Morrissey enough to lie to my boss, saying I'm sick.

Have you seen him before? I saw him in 2007 for the first time, and was completely blown away. Even the songs I previously didn't like were fantastic, he really is wonderful live. Plus, you'll definitely get some Smiths songs and classic Moz tunes as well. :up:

Have you seen him before? I saw him in 2007 for the first time, and was completely blown away. Even the songs I previously didn't like were fantastic, he really is wonderful live. Plus, you'll definitely get some Smiths songs and classic Moz tunes as well. :up:

Yes, I saw him a few years ago. He was great. I should go, but the thing is, a lot of my coworkers will be out of town for other business the night of this event and I kind of need to be there to represent the org. :grumpy: I am still considering it, though. I take like a half sick day a year vs. everyone else's 20-30 days so I am entitled, dammit.

He's amazing live

Life is a Pigsty ---> How Soon Is Now?

No way to end a concert better :drool:

well, it would be quite difficult to turn that song into something bad
but something just seemed off to me

"Because to someone, somewhere
oh pierre
Alma matters in mind body and soul
In part and in whole"

Such a great song :drool:

The melody is orgasmic. :combust:

And regarding Years of Refusal, I already like it more than Ringleader (which I enjoyed) and I'm thinking I may like it more than Quarry.

Just recently been getting into The Smiths/ Morrissey (listening to various tracks off grooveshark.com) and wondering what would be a good album to start with? I am in love with "Girlfriend in a Coma," "Let Me Kiss You," "Everyday is Like Sunday," "Asleep," "I Know it's Over" (also just DISCOVERED the band James, which surprised me that I've never even heard of them).

Anyway, I am finally, at long last, singing the praise of The Smiths :applaud:

EDIT: This is an old thread...

I would suggest the album Louder Than Bombs. It's a huge compilation of some of the best Smiths songs.

I would suggest the album Louder Than Bombs. It's a huge compilation of some of the best Smiths songs.

The two "Best" compilations (Best... and ...Best) are great compilations too.

Album wise, 'Queen is Dead' is far and away the most acclaimed of their albums. The debut is great too though, so you could always start there.

You pretty much won't be disappointed with anything Sicy or I mentioned I think.

^ The Bests are good too and Queen is Dead is probably my favorite Smiths album.

Just recently been getting into The Smiths/ Morrissey (listening to various tracks off grooveshark.com) and wondering what would be a good album to start with? I am in love with "Girlfriend in a Coma," "Let Me Kiss You," "Everyday is Like Sunday," "Asleep," "I Know it's Over" (also just DISCOVERED the band James, which surprised me that I've never even heard of them).

Anyway, I am finally, at long last, singing the praise of The Smiths :applaud:

EDIT: This is an old thread...

For Morrissey you should pick up Viva Hate. It's probably the best starting point for his solo work. :up:

Morrissey- Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey (would give you a good taste of a span of his work) and I like his latest cd Years of Refusal

Smiths-I would recommend The Sound of the Smiths which is a 2 disc set of a span of their hits. Shop eBay or Amazon if you want to buy the cds. I shop around for the best price. Sometimes the downloads on iTunes or MP3s are cheapest way to go.

You've got good taste checking out Smiths and Morrissey :up::up:

"While Morrissey whines about the pain of living, it is Bono who is doing his part to stop the innocent dying."

From a vegetarian standpoint, I might make the observation that Morrissey does a great deal to raise awareness toward needless suffering...but for now I will refrain. In the end, the author's interpretation of Morrissey's world view is superficial at best, and a self-congratulatory polemic at worst.

I will be seeing the greatest lyricist of all time in 3 hours. Haven't been this excited for a gig in a long time, I must admit.

Hopefully he throws in a few anti-monarchy rants!

Back
Top Bottom