The good dance music thread (trance/Tiesto = permaban)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was pretty good!

He's pretty good live. I've seen him once, he played for an hour and a half. The first hour was all trance, and it got kinda boring but it was still good, and then the last half hour was probably the best block of electro music I've seen live outside of LCD Soundsystem. He played in Melb on the weekend too, I was away, but apparently he was brilliant.

Wasn't he at Coachella?

edit, I've also seen Tiesto live. I know that's apparently sacrilege given the thread title, but he was pretty good, even if I don't fit The Situation look.

Wasn't he at Coachella?

He was there last year, but I didn't go. He's going to be at this festival in San Francisco this August, along with MUSE, Black Keys and Arcade Fire. I don't really care for MUSE, but I like Black Keys and old AF. I'm still undecided if I'm going or not.

edit, I've also seen Tiesto live. I know that's apparently sacrilege given the thread title, but he was pretty good, even if I don't fit The Situation look.

My friend who knows almost everything about Electronic music (and where I get almost all my hints and tips of what to get), he really loved Tiesto up until around '05 or '06. Then my friend said he got just awful. But I can see how that can happen; I love mid-late 90's Oakenfold, but his stuff nowadays is horrible.

a3196077.jpg

I pulled out Underworld "Everything, Everything" the other day and danced the house clean.

I know I am on record as saying I absolutely loathe LMFAO, and I do, but I found out this song was by them (I assumed it was called Everyday I'm Shufflin) and it's pretty fucking sick. Awesome film clip too.

Party Rock :love:

Saw this guy two nights ago at The Palladium:

deadmau5.jpg

Despite the fact that I was sick as a dog, my cold medicine was wearing off, it was a 16+ show, the opening djs were horribly craptastic, the show went until 2:00 a.m., and I was only there as designated driver to my friend so he could have a "good" time (and, plus, I had bought the tix as his birthday present) . . .

. . . despite ALL that, I thought he put on a very good show and I much approve of the more Progressive direction he's moving towards, rather than his more deep, heavy, full-assault older stuff. I think had I felt better and was able to have a better time, I would have really, really liked this show. But he was definitely fun, entertaining, and he mixed his set very well. I must say he was much better than I was expecting.

IWasBored said:
what the fuck is that. there's a pretty good chance that this wins the honors of being the worst thing i've ever heard.

as for what i'm doing in this thread, i was curious to find out if there is such a thing as "good dance music." nothing so far.

Oh yeah. It's horrific. Would run very close to having that distinction with me too.

Shots shots shots shots shots
Shots .... EVERYBODY!

Come on, those are straight up profound.

Wish these cunts would just go away already. Ughhhh

LMFAO - Champagne Showers ft. Natalia Kills - YouTube

I wasn't too impressed with deadmau5. I didn't know anything by him so I decided to see what all the fuss was about; I bought "4x4=12". I found it barely mediocre. There were about 3 tracks that I really liked and 1 I thought was decent. The rest just bored me to tears.

And I am a HUGE fan of techno/electronica music.

(To be fair, I will listen to the new song cobl04 posted above and give it a fair chance. Maybe tomorrow night, if I get a chance.)

Maybe I need to see deadmau5 live. Sometimes these DJs are much better mixing live than they are on record. Case in point: Digweed. Even though I do like his mixed cds, Digweed is MUCH BETTER live! :rockon:

The 3 I love from "4x4=12" are: 'Sofi Needs A Ladder', 'City In Florida', and 'I Said'. The ones I like are 'Some Chords' and 'Everything Before'. The rest of the tracks go from ok and tolerable to "QUICK! SKIP, ADVANCE! SKIP, ADVANCE!"

Saw this guy two nights ago at The Palladium:

deadmau5.jpg

Despite the fact that I was sick as a dog, my cold medicine was wearing off, it was a 16+ show, the opening djs were horribly craptastic, the show went until 2:00 a.m., and I was only there as designated driver to my friend so he could have a "good" time (and, plus, I had bought the tix as his birthday present) . . .

. . . despite ALL that, I thought he put on a very good show and I much approve of the more Progressive direction he's moving towards, rather than his more deep, heavy, full-assault older stuff. I think had I felt better and was able to have a better time, I would have really, really liked this show. But he was definitely fun, entertaining, and he mixed his set very well. I must say he was much better than I was expecting.

progression!

Wish these cunts would just go away already. Ughhhh

i'm glad the only place i've ever heard of them has been in this thread. can the zombies just hurry the fuck up and eat them already?

Back
Top Bottom