The good dance music thread (trance/Tiesto = permaban)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
let's revive this thread!!

YouTube - Kid Cudi & Crookers - Embrace the martian

YouTube - The Bloody Beetroots ft. Steve Aoki - WARP

i'm going to stereosonic here in dec, check this lineup folks.

Deadmau5
Axwell
Fedde Le Grand
John Dahlback
The Crookers
Surkin
The Bloody Beetroots feat MC Justin Pearson
Miss Kittin & The Hacker
Marco Carola
Chicane
Cut Copy DJs
Drop the Lime
Renaissance Man
Alter Ego
Zombie Nation
Umek
Hudson Mohawke
Tim Sweeney (DFA)
The Cobra Snake
Kidda
Juan Kidd/Jason Herd
Grant Smillie
Andy Murphy
Acid Jacks
Grafton Primary
Canyons
Knightlife
Bag Raiders

dohhhhhh :drool:

I've been listening to him like crazy lately. :up:

My favorite (and ONLY) dance radio station in the Bay Area got sold to a hip hop station. :angry: I am soooo mad about this and so are thousands of other people. It was the only station I ever listened to and I enjoyed the morning show very much as well on the way to work. Now its crap and broadcasted from somewhere else full of shite music. So, I downloaded a bunch of Armin and made a cd for my car. I need my fix. :sigh:

so i went to

stereosonic.jpg

yesterday.

incredible fucking line up. huge day.

YouTube - Deadmau5 - Ghosts N' Stuff was played and was absolutely fucking nuts. huge crowd, i've never seen anything like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ViqTdj4SE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvbWtvNYRY

One more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, you know I'm just feelin' celebration, tonight, celebrate, don't wait, too late, we don't stop, you can't stop, we're gonna celebrate, one more time, one more time, one more time, a celebration, you know we're gonna do it right, tonight, just feeling, music's got me feeling the need, we're gonna celebrate, one more time, celebrate and dance so free, music's got me feeling so free, celebrate and dance so free, one more time, music's got me feeling so free, we're gonna celebrate, celebrate and dance so free, one more time.

so i went to

stereosonic.jpg

yesterday.

incredible fucking line up. huge day.

Ohhh lucky you! I'm going next year to parklife, they had a very similar line up this year if i remember right.
I would have gone this year but its an over 18's event :|

I've been listening to him like crazy lately. :up:

My favorite (and ONLY) dance radio station in the Bay Area got sold to a hip hop station. :angry: I am soooo mad about this and so are thousands of other people. It was the only station I ever listened to and I enjoyed the morning show very much as well on the way to work. Now its crap and broadcasted from somewhere else full of shite music. So, I downloaded a bunch of Armin and made a cd for my car. I need my fix. :sigh:

I know I'm late to this thread, but as the proud owner of 12 Tiesto CDs, I've always stayed away due to the title.

Sicy, you gotta get satellite radio. The Area channel on Sirius/XM is where it's at. They play mix shows by Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Above & Beyond, and of course, Armin Van Buuren's A State of Trance. That station is one of the only reasons I pay for satellite, but damn if it isn't worth it.

Sicy, you gotta get satellite radio. The Area channel on Sirius/XM is where it's at. They play mix shows by Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Above & Beyond, and of course, Armin Van Buuren's A State of Trance. That station is one of the only reasons I pay for satellite, but damn if it isn't worth it.

I know! My bffe has it in his Ford Fusion and that's all we listen to. Best station ever. But if I wanted it in my car I'd have to buy a new radio, and the subscription and everything and its just not practical for me right now financially. :(

Understandable. Maybe Santa can hook you up? If not, at least you get to listen to it sometimes. :up:

You should like him on fb. He's pretty funny and he posts a lot of pictures of his cat lol.

I wasn't too impressed with deadmau5. I didn't know anything by him so I decided to see what all the fuss was about; I bought "4x4=12". I found it barely mediocre. There were about 3 tracks that I really liked and 1 I thought was decent. The rest just bored me to tears.

And I am a HUGE fan of techno/electronica music.

(To be fair, I will listen to the new song cobl04 posted above and give it a fair chance. Maybe tomorrow night, if I get a chance.)

FitzChivalry said:
I wasn't too impressed with deadmau5. I didn't know anything by him so I decided to see what all the fuss was about; I bought "4x4=12". I found it barely mediocre. There were about 3 tracks that I really liked and 1 I thought was decent. The rest just bored me to tears.

And I am a HUGE fan of techno/electronica music.

(To be fair, I will listen to the new song cobl04 posted above and give it a fair chance. Maybe tomorrow night, if I get a chance.)

Yeah I agree with you. 4x4=12 is not an album that you can just throw on and listen to, it will bore you. I'd only ever listen to it getting ready to go out or something. I like Raise Your Weapon, City in Florida and a couple others but I doubt I'll listen to it again.

Cephei is great.

Yeah I agree with you. 4x4=12 is not an album that you can just throw on and listen to, it will bore you. I'd only ever listen to it getting ready to go out or something. I like Raise Your Weapon, City in Florida and a couple others but I doubt I'll listen to it again.

Cephei is great.

Maybe I need to see deadmau5 live. Sometimes these DJs are much better mixing live than they are on record. Case in point: Digweed. Even though I do like his mixed cds, Digweed is MUCH BETTER live! :rockon:

The 3 I love from "4x4=12" are: 'Sofi Needs A Ladder', 'City In Florida', and 'I Said'. The ones I like are 'Some Chords' and 'Everything Before'. The rest of the tracks go from ok and tolerable to "QUICK! SKIP, ADVANCE! SKIP, ADVANCE!"

Back
Top Bottom