The Flaming Lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do You Realize
Race For The Prize (original)
The Spark That Bled
The Gash
Slow Motion

There are albums other than The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi.

Do You Realize??
Bad Days
Fight Test
Race for the Prize (REMIX, in all caps)
Watching the Planets

I wish I had room to add The Sound of Failure to my list. Silver Trembling Hands knocked it down a spot.

"The Sound of Failure"'s a good one. "It Overtakes Me" would be in a 10-deep list, mostly for the second half.

Ha, I saw that on THE GUM! yesterday. After The Fearless Freaks, I was afraid his house was a little too normal. Glad to see that's not the case.

There's a moment in The Sparrow Looks Up At The Machine where it makes that sound of feedback you get from a Blackberry, or other mobile device, when they're too close to a pair of speakers or other audio device. Every time it happens I look to see where my Blackberry is.

Damn Flaming Lips.

It took me a few times through the song to stop doing that. You'll learn.

A lot of the album sounds like it was recorded in a heating vent, possibly a radiator.

Doesn't beat the fabled refrigerator that could play So Cruel, but they tried.

There's a moment in The Sparrow Looks Up At The Machine where it makes that sound of feedback you get from a Blackberry, or other mobile device, when they're too close to a pair of speakers or other audio device. Every time it happens I look to see where my Blackberry is.

Damn Flaming Lips.

gets me every time. glad i'm not the only one.

More spring tour dates:

03-12 Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall *
03-13 Denton, TX - Hickory Street Stage/NX35 *
04-15 Charlottesville, VA - Charlottesville Pavillon *
04-17 Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid Hudson Civic Center *
04-18 Ithaca, NY - Barton Hall/Cornell University *
04-19 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre *
04-21 Milwaukee, WI - The Riverside Theater *
04-22 Bloomington, IN - Indiana University Auditorium *
04-23 Kansas City, KS - Sandstone Amphitheatre *
04-29 West Palm Beach, FL - SunFest
05-15 Gulf Shores, AL - The Hangout Music Festival *
06-06 Houston, TX - Tinsley Park/Free Press Fest *
06-11 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Music Festival *
07-03 Oxford, ME - Nateva Music & Arts Festival *
07-22 Lewiston, NY - Artpark *
07-26 New York, NY - Central Park Summerstage *
08-20-22 Brecon Beacons, Wales - Green Man Festival
09-10-12 Isle of Wight, England - Bestival

Impy, are you hitting up the Austin show?

Yeah, got a ticket in the presale. It sold out pretty damn quick. But I'll definitely be there. And I might be going to Free Press Summer Fest in Houston (June), where I'd see them again.

But at the very least, 8 days till I see the Lips for the first time since 2007.

Very nice! Can't believe you haven't seen them since 2007 though, crazy shit.

I scored a photo pass/ticket for the Milwaukee show, so I'm looking forward to seeing them for the 4th time in 3 years and in a theatre again, no less. Definitely glad they're taking their shows back to theatre-sized venues after doing festivals for so damn long.

The West Palm date is enticing. Depends on whether or not I get out of school by then though.

I'll have to defer to you guys or whether or not it's worth buying then, having never heard it. Maybe they'll do a tune from it Friday night. Still wouldn't top the last time I saw them when they covered "Moonlight Mile."

Hate to say it, but I don't think it's worth a purchase, especially considering you'll be going for the vinyl, which I assume will be more expensive than the CD. Unless you're into being a completist with their stuff, then by all means, pick it up...after all, it's limited edition, but musically? Not worth it, to me.

Hate to say it, but I don't think it's worth a purchase, especially considering you'll be going for the vinyl, which I assume will be more expensive than the CD. Unless you're into being a completist with their stuff, then by all means, pick it up...after all, it's limited edition, but musically? Not worth it, to me.

Based on the 3 or 4 tracks I've heard on the local independent radio station, I agree. Far less enjoyable than I ever would have imagined.

agreed. i was really looking forward to it; but it's something that there's no real need to listen to on a repeated basis.

they could have stuck Breathe on Embryonic, it's essentially the same as See the Leaves.

The only worthwhile track was "Time," and that was a Stardeath joint.

YGG_Flaming_Lips.jpg

Back
Top Bottom