The Flaming Lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a roommate after I graduated college who had nearly as many CDs as I did. He was a huge metal fan, so our collections didn't have a lot of overlap. He also had a large amount of movies. A few months later, another guy moved in with us who had even more movies, and a decent number of CDs as well. Pretty much any time I walked in the door, a movie or music was on. It was a very fun time.

Now they all have kids and listen to shit.

:angry:

Well, that was quite the depressing end to a happy story. You always have to bring us down, don't you, Scumbo? :wink:

I also sincerely hope you do turn it into a 70s love den.

You and me both.

Wild%20and%20Crazy%20guys.jpg

i saw this album today, and it's pretty cheap.

i really liked yoshimi battles the pink robots without loving it, is this definitely an album to get?

any help appreciated folks.

I haven't heard anything off of it. So when I do pick it up, it'll all be fresh.

I haven't heard anything off of it. So when I do pick it up, it'll all be fresh.

I've just heard the three songs they released on an EP earlier this summer...I have to say, it's been nice abstaining from listening to the leak for once, and I'm glad to see that quite a few others have done the same for this album.

FUCK! The vinyl version doesn't come out until the 27th. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I'm listening to the damn thing tonight on headphones then. And, I'll be doing the same as GAF up there, smoking it up big time beforehand.

Ha ha ha. Oh, you kids. Given my almost physically draining psych kick (the records I've listened to...I can no longer even begin to remember, let alone count), this year, this record is a pretty big disappointment, for me. While it's true that they haven't even resembled a psych band for about ten years, now, I was expecting...I dunno...less Zappa freak-noodling and more Blue Cheer psych-jamming? It's not awful, or anything. I'd probably slap 'er with a 6/10, after just a few listens, in fact. But I dunno. I just don't really like many of the songs. I'll keep at it, though. I would very much like for this band not to suck, finally. It's been a long, long, long, long, long time.

Yeah, I noticed that this morning. Not cool.

I'm going to cave. Probably today.

Plus, it was not the case a week ago when I checked Aural Exploits online. :grumpy:

I was really hoping for a loud as shit vinyl listening for the inaugural play of it too. Oh well.

That's right, laz. I think that the more expensive one comes with a DVD, or some shit...? Also, the CD release at least should be only a single disc, as the record is, ahem, "only" 70 minutes long.

Plus, it was not the case a week ago when I checked Aural Exploits online. :grumpy:

I remember seeing the same thing. Also, it's November 27. Not this month. So, uh... yeah. Listening today.

Best Buy is selling this for $7.99? At least if their website is to be believed. There's also a $16.99 version, whatever the fuck that is.

They are. And the $16.99 is some two disc thing, presumably with a DVD or something you'll probably never look at.

Deluxe editions of things suck.

I remember seeing the same thing. Also, it's November 27. Not this month. So, uh... yeah. Listening today.

:hmm: Are you sure? Both Aural Exploits (which I know isn't terribly reliable, but still...) and the Electric Fetus told me October 27th. The Fetus even looked it up in their upcoming shipments for me.

Yeah, I was going by Insound too. But November 27 is a Friday, so that doesn't make much sense. October 27, being a Tuesday, is probably where it's at.

Was "Linear" really that terrible? I remember being somewhat intrigued prior to the album's release, but never got around to checking it out.

Back
Top Bottom