the field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
are they any good? i've only heard "the little heart beats so fast", and it's kind of neat.

there's something addictive about it. maybe it's sexy with the woman moaning over it, i don't know.

anyone into them at all?

They were on my year end list, here were my comments from it:

On first listen I wasn't overly impressed, but this ended up growing to become my favorite electronic album of the year. This is a lyric-less album of beautiful soundscapes and beats incorporating glitch, trance, M83/Ulrich Schnauss-esque electronic shoegaze sound waves, ambience, house, etc. None of it is really all that unique or original in and off itself, it just all seems to come together beautifully. Great album to listen to while doing cardio.

Songs I recommend:
-Everday
-Over the Ice
-The Deal

i KNEW i could trust you on this. ha, thanks for the background. will definitely look into those songs plus others.

m83/ulrich schnauss = all i need to know.

many thanks.

having now heard a total of three songs, this is indeed fantastic. i'm quite happy to be listening to their music in my ears at the moment, guys.

too bad soulseek is so lame at the moment.

i don't suppose either of you have this album ready for my email inbox? *cough

caisenma@gmail.com

if you send it, great, if not, i'll hopefully get the rest eventually in time.

Oddly, when you look at it in iTunes it says it's a "partial album", as if it's not supposed to only be 4 tracks. Who knows.

Regardless, an hour of music for $4 is a great deal. Just listening to the EP's clips, you should definitely hear the actual album first though.

u2popmofo said:
BUY OR DIE

slovakia doesn't sell cd's.

i'm not kidding. i haven't found ONE record shop anywhere in bratislava in the nearly four months i've been here.

unreal.

I downloaded some stuff some months ago from various blogs and, like mofo, I wasn't all that impressed at first so I kind of dismissed The Field but then every time they pop up during a shuffle I have to stop what I'm doing to go see what it is.

I downloaded some stuff some months ago from various blogs and, like mofo, I wasn't all that impressed at first so I kind of dismissed The Field but then every time they pop up during a shuffle I have to stop what I'm doing to go see what it is.

I still recommend the tracks I wrote in the second post, especially Everday. :up:

Pitchfork: News

05-21 Cambridge, MA - Middle East Downstairs
05-22 Philadelphia, PA - Pure
05-23 Washington, DC - Black Cat
05-25 Atlanta, GA - The Earl
05-27 Miami, FL - Liv at the Fountainbleu
05-29 Austin, TX - The Mohawk
05-30 Houston, TX - Numbers
05-31 Lubbock, TX - Cactus Courtyard
06-03 San Diego, CA - Casbah
06-04 Pomona, CA - The Glass House
06-05 Los Angeles, CA - Avalon Hollywood