The Dead Weather (Jack White...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He said he hasn't talked to Meg yet about recording a new album, so it's still gonna be a while before we hear anything from them.

He's only missed two years with an album since 1999.

1999: White Stripes
2000: De Stijl
2001: White Blood Cells
2003: Elephant
2005: Get Behind Me Satan
2006: Broken Boy Soldiers
2007: Icky Thump
2008: Consolers of the Lonely
2009: Horehound
2010: Sea of Cowards

And we can't say he really missed 2004, as that was the year Van Lear Rose came out.

Just gave the new album a first listen. I like its nightmarish vibe and Alison's witch-from-Macbeth vocals, but it's all rather meandering and none of the songs are as strong as the best moments on Horehound. It kinda reminds me of the second half of that album, which took me a while to warm to, so hopefully I can do likewise with this album.

I heard Horehound sometime last year, and it did absolutely nothing for me.

I must have been in a funky mood, because I heard it again, and it was pretty awesome. The new album was pretty good too, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first.

Glad you enjoyed it. Far and away my show of the year up to this point, besting Spoon, the Lips, LCD, Phoenix, and every band I caught at SXSW.

Damn, slow show year so far.

They're playing in NY on my birthday when I'm there. Should I?

I want to but I have a lot of friends to see and none of them will want to do this with me. Nor will they want to go with me to see Arcade Fire the next night at MSG. Dead Weather and Arcade Fire back-to-back...I'd be nuts not to, right? Friends vs. music. Birthday with friends or music alone. These are my problems.

Martha, did any freaky girls on Ecstasy kiss you at the show? Maybe that's why I haven't picked up the new album yet, for fear of that incident happening again.

Joyful, as Imps, Martha, and I can confirm, they put on a fantastic show. They're far better live than you'd expect from the albums. You at least need to go to one of the two shows, as I assume both would be extremely enjoyable.

They're playing in NY on my birthday when I'm there. Should I?
Fuck yes.

Dead Weather and Arcade Fire back-to-back...I'd be nuts not to, right? Friends vs. music. Birthday with friends or music alone. These are my problems.
To paraphrase our beloved Mofo: Music > friends. Or something along those lines.

Martha, did any freaky girls on Ecstasy kiss you at the show?
No, dammit. But a cute boy thought I was cute cuddling with my husband.

Maybe that's why I haven't picked up the new album yet, for fear of that incident happening again.
You should pick it up, but maybe at a monastery, just to be safe.

Joyful, as Imps, Martha, and I can confirm, they put on a fantastic show. They're far better live than you'd expect from the albums.
This is true.

Damn. It's my birthday I guess I can do whatever the hell I want. I'll make friends meet me in Brooklyn for an early bday dinner and then I'll say bye-bye. I suddenly feel very relieved about the whole situation.

I just bought a ticket. The show is like a block from my housesit. Oh NY concerts, how I've missed you.

Now I'm waiting for an Arcade Fire ticket drop. Plenty of eh seats available; I'm holding out for a good one.*

*mission accomplished

So the show in Brooklyn last night was great and all but honestly, I wasn't feeling it much though I'm sure it was just me. The witchy rock screeching and creepy eyeball and animal heads just isn't my thing I guess as much as I wanted it to be. I gave it my best you wanna get up let go I say no and you blink when you breathe and you breathe when you lie but I was kinda faking it.

I'm really glad I went, it was something to see, I love NY audiences better than any in the world, it was a beautiful warm breezy night under the NY stars, and the band is incredibly hot yet the music leaves me cold. :shrug:

But I have to say, walking out of an apartment and strolling 1.5 blocks to a great show is the best thing ever and I would like more of that please.

So the show in Brooklyn last night was great and all but honestly, I wasn't feeling it much though I'm sure it was just me. The witchy rock screeching and creepy eyeball and animal heads just isn't my thing I guess as much as I wanted it to be.

It took me a minute.

I thought I was in the LCD Soundsystem thread, so it took me a minute.

Joyful, if you have a similar response to Arcade Fire, I will yell at you.

zombie-thread.jpg

Back
Top Bottom