The Dead Weather (Jack White...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't get into this on first listen. Could be a grower, probably is, but absolutely none of the songs stuck with me. Good atmosphere, interesting take on the blues, but that's all it is at the core. Nothing groundbreaking here, although it certainly sounds different. Hope I can get into it more down the road, as I have grown quite accustomed to loving most of Jack White's projects.

So the lyric in 60 Feet Tall is: Hooked up to my motor/All day long/We go down to Texas/Up to Montreal

Which is ironic, because it looks like Impy and I are going to have to meet up and battle to the death over Alison.

There's something about her, that stage presence, that look — it just gives me a bone in my house, if you get my meaning.

I finally listened to this thing and I'm liking it a lot. I'm a sucker for dark murky atmosphere and the album has it in spades. There's a couple of songs I don't really care for, but it doesn't ruin the album.

The band photo on the back though... you'd think they'd be rich enough to afford a bloody comb :)

Saw them live on Wednesday. Very good live act, but I think that's mostly due to the girl from The Kills (don't know her name).

I never much cared for Jack White or any of his projects or side projects and I don't love this CD either. But it translates well live, so I think seeing them is worth it.

Saw them live on Wednesday. Very good live act, but I think that's mostly due to the girl from The Kills (don't know her name).

I never much cared for Jack White or any of his projects or side projects and I don't love this CD either. But it translates well live, so I think seeing them is worth it.

Glad to read this, probably going to see them tomorrow night since a few friends want to go and I can't say no to concerts. Anyone else seen them live? If so, what did you think?

Glad to read this, probably going to see them tomorrow night since a few friends want to go and I can't say no to concerts. Anyone else seen them live? If so, what did you think?

I've watched a good number of live performances of theirs, whether on TV or on the "YouTubes" or what not and they seem to kick a healthy amount of ass.

The overtly hot stage presence of Alison Mosshart + Jacky-Boy White wailing away on drums/guitar/vocals for two hours = goodness. Honestly, I don't see how that can go wrong.

You'll have fun.

Sweet! Thanks, GAF. It's confirmed that we're going to the show tonight. I've only heard the album a few times, but I'm looking forward to the show.

Jealous. If you get to talk to Alison, I'll find a way to dole out some Texahn justice on your ass. I called dibs.

To say the show was fantastic would be an understatement.

Also, I have a very strange story about something that happened at it last night that I'm not in the mood to type up right now.

Better not involve Alison. You leave her out of this. She stole my moss-heart. See what I did there?

Watched that a while back. Really not bad to watch. Jackie Lawrence is pretty funny during it and Alison looks ridiculously hot just sitting there smoking her Marlboros.

To say the show was fantastic would be an understatement.

Also, I have a very strange story about something that happened at it last night that I'm not in the mood to type up right now.

hitlerwaitingvr2.gif

Ah, I guess I forgot I posted about it somewhere else. Essentially an Ecstasy fueled lesbian/bi-sexual/insane-woman leaned in to say something to me when I told her she was sitting in my seat, once she got in close she decided she wanted to kiss instead. Then she kept returning to give me purpose-less high fives with sandpaper skinned hands.

I just watched the video for Treat Me Like Your Mother for the first time, it was neato.

Back
Top Bottom