The Dead Weather (Jack White...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I've just never been impressed with sound quality for internet streams. It's extremely important, especially for the first few listens. Don't get me wrong, I'm ridiculously excited for this album. I just want the first time listening to it to perfect.

At this point, the album comes out in six days anyway. I'm just going to wait for the vinyl.

Alright, I'm a little bit more than half way through this thing and I'm pretty sure it kicks ass. Dark, heavy, bluesy. Exactly what you'd expect after hearing the first two singles. "60 Feet Tall" is a really strong opener and "I Cut Like A Buffalo" is my favorite track so far. It's really cool hearing Jack delivering his vocals in a manner so unlike what he's done with his other bands.

Anyway, early impressions are good.

EDIT: Hey, there's a Dylan cover on here! Sweet.

Jack White is a character and a hell of a guitar shredder, but I'm relieved he's not singing on this project.

I am a huge White Stripes and Raconteurs fan, and I think Jack White is a genius on every level, but I'm really not feeling the Dead Weather. Nothing's grabbed me yet, which is disappointing.

Just caught the "Treat Me Like Your Mother" video. Sexy shit.

And it's the reason he's been able to extend his golden touch to now a third band, the Dead Weather, who delve even deeper into the blues' swampy roots and devil's-music deviancy, but in a manner that's every bit as stylized, sexually charged, and trashy as an episode of "True Blood".

Awww, I love it when the Fork gets all pop-culture referency. :cute:

First listen, rather boring. Maybe it's because it was my first listen and I was really distracted reading. On the other hand, The Decemberists' record that started playing right after was enjoyable even though I was even more distracted then.
Again, maybe it's the first listen effect, but I can't help being disappointed since all other Jack White projects always had me right from the first time.

I bought this Monday (got the vinyl early thanks to an anonymous lenient indie store not named Waterloo). I've listened to it like fucking 15 times. I love it. It completely shits on Consolers of the Lonely. It's better than Broken Boy Soldiers as well, but I don't know by what margin yet.

I bought this Monday (got the vinyl early thanks to an anonymous lenient indie store not named Waterloo). I've listened to it like fucking 15 times. I love it. It completely shits on Consolers of the Lonely. It's better than Broken Boy Soldiers as well, but I don't know by what margin yet.

I think Jack White is overrated, and found the Raconteurs to be much ado about nothing....but, just watched the video for Treat Me Like Your Mother and was pleasantly surprised. I liked it.

After the first listen, I was thinking it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be. But then I woke up the next morning and had a few of the songs running through my head and just had to listen to them again.

Got my ticket today, will see them on Wednesday night and report back here.

Now to d/l the album...

Back
Top Bottom