The Dark Side Of The Moon/ Wizard Of Oz Thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, I was bored tonight and have heard about this for years and never tried it. It's on youtube in 15 parts. I made it until part 8.

I'm sure this has been a topic before, but I didn't find it here....

You know, some parts are downright spooky, the way music and video lines up. There are a ton of posts online about where and what. I enjoyed those parts.

But I gotta say: there are so many movies and so many albums, who's to say that pure serendipity couldn't happen with any million other things.
Has anyone tried playing "Born To Run" against "The Godfather", or "The Joshua Tree" against "The Hustler" or a billion other combinations?

I gotta think if you tried hard enough you would find plenty of synchronicity with many other media. What blows me away is that someone figured out this DSOTM/WOO stuff a long time ago...and it doesn't work unless you synch it exactly right.

I say it's an anomoly: really spooky, but certainly not by design.

Thoughts?

Did you check out the site while you watched it?

It's interesting, but I'm sure there are plenty of syncs that are equally impressive yet virtually unknown.
When I was younger my friends and I used to play classical music on my keyboard (the preset ones) at full tempo and set it to action movies. The results were always hilarious.

That being said, I don't think I'd watch Dark Side of Oz again.

I remember being really impressed the first time I did it. Subsequent viewings have proved less than exciting.

Bad gangsta rap played over children's cartoons is always fantastic.

I wouldn't know anything about that, of course, but it always seemed like a logical pairing. :uhoh:

i played the song "seven" from david bowies hours album while watching the battle scenes of full metal jacket. and its not that it synced up, it just fot somehow from a weird theme standpoint. the song is depressing, and view of mortality, and well full metal jacket could fit in with that to say the least.

i played the song "seven" from david bowies hours album while watching the battle scenes of full metal jacket. and its not that it synced up, it just fot somehow from a weird theme standpoint. the song is depressing, and view of mortality, and well full metal jacket could fit in with that to say the least.

i thought 'surfin bird' was a perfect choice for that once scene in full metal jacket. i'll never forget it.

Back
Top Bottom