The Cure Survivor - Tier 3 Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite

• Boys Don't Cry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10:15 Saturday Night

• Want

• The End of the World

• Let's Go to Bed

• The Lovecats

• The Walk

• Charlotte Sometimes

• Burn

• This Twilight Garden

• Fear of Ghosts

• 2 Late

• Scared as You

• Halo

• It Used to Be Me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Sorry for the delay, folks, I passed out last night.

Results from round 1:

"Labyrinth" was eliminated with a whopping 4 votes!

Please vote for your least favorite!

She drank a thousand beers, you guys.

RobertSimonParty85.jpg

I feel kind of silly voting in these rounds when I don't know seven of the songs and have only a passing familiarity with another three.

Still, Mint Car sucks.

I'd catch up on those b-sides if I weren't on holiday with little time and no access to them.

Who the fuck keeps voting for Jumping Someone Else's Train? Identify and explain yourself.

Greenlight 7-11. All you gotta do is click the number of votes to see who voted for what.

Wow, these b-sides are killer. Ranking the tracks:

Jumping Someone Else’s Train
Charlotte Sometimes
Boys Don’t Cry
This Twilight Garden
2 Late
The Walk
10:15 Saturday Night
The Lovecats
Underneath the Stars
Fear of Ghosts
Killing an Arab
Burn
Scared as You
Let’s Go to Bed
Halo
The Only One
The End of the World
It Used to be Me
Want
Mint Car

Going with Mint Car this round. Wouldn't be too bad if there was a halfway decent chorus. I expect better of a Cure pop song.

Are you going to take a small break for the upcoming votes during the holiday, or extent the time period?

I did start this at the most inopportune moment didn't I. I believe I will go ahead and run the rest of this week and then start up again after Christmas

Wow, I didn't realize any of the songs were automatically above reproach. Now that I've been made to feel like an ass, I guess I'm done with the voting.

Greenlight, I'm really sorry if I caused offense, it was not intended. Was trying to be a over-dramatic for humor-sake in my genuine surprise that someone was voting for it at this point, but it apparently was not conveyed well. Hope you don't stop voting because of it. There is certainly no wrong or right in what you like, apologize if anything I said made you feel other wise. I am genuinely curious as to why you care so little for the song, please share if you like.

I guess my emotions are a little at the surface this holiday season. So personal shit aside, is JSET like a fan favorite or something? If so, I was clearly not aware because I was surprised that it made the cut for tier 3.

I don't like it because I simply don't care much for any of the Boys Don't Cry/Three Imaginary Boys era Cure material. It feels like a different band to me and not in a good way (and I know I'm not the only Cure fan one who thinks that). It's just like how Pablo Honey doesn't really feel like Radiohead.

Anyway, there's really no point in my voting in future rounds because we all know what song I would pick each time. And even though I was feeling like an ass, my reaction probably also made me look like an ass, so I should apologize as well.

No worries whatsoever. Jumping Someone Else's Train was on their first "best of" compilation (Standing on the Beach / Staring at the Sea), so I guess that's what surprised me (voting for an old favorite vs. some of the b-sides or "new" material). Understandable though if you don't like that era.

Comparing Three Imaginary Boys Don't Cry to Pablo Honey is a bit silly to me, since one is chock full of classics and fan favorites and the other is mostly throwaway, but yeah, they definitely changed a bit.

I wasn't comparing the two albums to each other, just talking about how both albums are quite embryonic (highly embryonic, in Radiohead's case).

Back
Top Bottom