The Cure Survivor - The Head on the Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FOUR FAVORITE SONGS!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FOUR FAVORITES

Wow...I really had no idea how unpopular The Top is...oh well :(

The three songs moving on to the second tier survivor are:

The Caterpillar - 7 votes
Shake Dog Shake - 6 votes
Dressing Up - 4 vote

They will join:
Primary
All Cats are Grey
The Funeral Party
Play for Today
A Forest
M

Now it's time for what I expect to be a riveting round...it will also be the deciding factor in whether or not we do a song by song thread for Disintegration. I have a bad feeling a lot of songs on this album are going to tie, and with Disintegration having 5 songs going through, it might be easier to do a 24 hour song by song poll.

Anyways, The Head on the Door is a tier one album, so please vote for your FOUR FAVORITE SONGS!

Oh, and this is a 48 hour poll. Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me will be a 72 hour poll, only because of the weekend.

Bestalbumeverbestalbumeverbestalbumever

1. A Night Like This
2. In Between Days
3. Push
4. Six Different Ways

5. Sinking
6. Close To Me
7. Kyoto Song
8. The Blood
9. The Baby Screams
10. Screw

Ugh, this is incredibly difficult. And, unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to give the boot to "Six Different Ways" :(

A Night Like This
Push
In Between Days
Close to Me
Six Different Ways
Sinking
The Baby Screams
Screw
Kyoto Song
The Blood

I thought this was going to be piss-easy, but I forgot this was somehow a tier-one album (while Faith is tier-two, WTF?). In Between Days, Push, and A Night Like This are easy picks; they are far and away the best songs here. Will have to do some listening to determine #4.

It won't be Close to Me though. I'm apparently the only person who ranks that as one of The Cure's worst songs. (Worse, I keep confusing it with Come to Me, the awesome song Robert Smith did with 65daysofstatic.)

Initially I thought I'd abstain from casting a fourth ballot, since this album has a whole bunch of songs that do nothing for me - they're just background noise, neither interesting nor terrible. Then I got up to Sinking. It's not great like In Between Days, Push, or A Night Like This, but it's good enough to earn a vote.

Wow...I had a vague idea that "A Night Like This" was that popular, but no clue that "Push" was as well.

It's fun to think that you know ho these things will turn out and then see how wrong you are. I assumed it would be an easy In Between Days, Push, Close to Me and Six Different Ways, but I thought Push would be close to not making it through.

Anyone who doesn't vote for Sinking is objectively wrong about music.

/Nick

Anyway, my choices are:

Sinking
The Blood
Kyoto Song
A Night Like This

I tend to like the dark side of The Cure a lot more than the poppy side.

Ha! Seems I spoke a bit too soon about "Push".

And "Close to Me" is creeping back in.

Wow, iYup, could we have more opposite opinions of this album? :lol:

So, now I'm curious, since I was so off base here. Since no one but LeMel voted for "Six Different Ways", and it was an incredibly hard decision for me not to vote for it, how many of you would say the song just missed getting your vote?

bono_212 said:
So, now I'm curious, since I was so off base here. Since no one but LeMel voted for "Six Different Ways", and it was an incredibly hard decision for me not to vote for it, how many of you would say the song just missed getting your vote?

Push was actually the song that I struggled most over not voting for. :shrug:

Wow, iYup, could we have more opposite opinions of this album?

Six Different Ways is probably my least favorite song on this album. :lol:

Great tune, almost voted for it, but chose Push instead (also wavered a bit on A Night Like This, funny as it's the only unanimous decision here so far)

I dunno, that saxophone drops it down a bit for me.

Surprised Close To Me doesn't have more love. Tho I actually think I prefer the version on Mixed Up (I may be completely alone in this)

You're going to have to settle for beer and skittles.

It may look like I completely disagree with iYup about this album, but I really don't. Every song he voted for is awesome too.

I've been having a lot of skittlebrau experiences lately. Apparently my dreams are way cooler than reality.

Stoked A Night Like This is doing so well. If it weren't for In Between Days, it'd be my favourite song on the album - and I'm normally not fond of the saxophone either. Doesn't bug me in ANLT.

I didn't consider it.

The saxophone in A Night Like This is one of the worst musical sabotages in the history of songdom. But since I've heard the live version first, and I always listen to the live version, it is one of my favourite Cure songs so it deserves my vote either way.

Push, The Baby Screams and Sinking follow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom