The Cure Survivor - The Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO Favorites

• Truth, Goodness and Beauty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anniversary

• Us or Them

• Fake

• Taking Off

• Never

• Going Nowhere

• This Morning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR 2 FAVORITES

With the end of the Bloodflowers round, we have finished up tier 2. Just two albums to go!

Tier 2:
Maybe Someday - 7 votes
Out of This World - 5 Votes
The Last Day of Summer - 5 Votes
Just Like Heaven
Why Can't I Be You?
The Kiss
The Caterpillar
Shake Dog Shake
Dressing Up
Primary
All Cats are Grey
The Funeral Party
Play for Today
A Forest
M

I'm probably going to regret this decision, but I'm opening the self-titled album's thread over the weekend. It will close Monday night at 9 CST. If there's a blow-out (which I expect), we'll close up early and move on to 4:13 Dream.

This is a tier 1 album so please VOTE FOR YOUR 2 FAVORITES

Oh, also, "The End of the World" and "alt.end". Easiest decision all contest.

Did you include all of the b-sides as well? Not a problem if you did - I just don't remember there being that many tracks.

If you look at the wiki, you'll see, there's like 20 weird versions of thealbum

Going with Lost and Labyrinth. The former might be my favorite Cure song of the 2000s. It has an edge to it that is lacking from so much of their work post-Wish.

Also, just now listening to A Forest, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't win the whole thing. What a perfect slice of minimalist, atmospheric post-punkery.

Did you include all of the b-sides as well? Not a problem if you did - I just don't remember there being that many tracks.

The double vinyl had 15 tracks. "Why Can't I Be Me?" and "Your God Is Fear" are the only b-sides from the era that didn't make the album in some fashion, IIRC.

Also, I waited outside Tower Records at midnight to buy this album. I think that was the last midnight release I ever went to. Everyone else was there to buy some Brandy album.

Shit. I misread and voted for 3. Please subtract my vote for Before Three.

How come you guys vote on favorites for the Cure, while we have to vote for least favorites for U2?

How come you guys vote on favorites for the Cure, while we have to vote for least favorites for U2?

Because this is the quick way to do it, as there isn't enough interest for the long drawn-out version.

We've done it this way for U2 before, and we'll do it again soon too. So you can stop bitching.

Because this is the quick way to do it, as there isn't enough interest for the long drawn-out version.

We've done it this way for U2 before, and we'll do it again soon too. So you can stop bitching.

There isn't enough time or interest to do a favorite song poll in any other way than voting for the least favorite song?

But you've enough time to do it again?

Strange.

how would you propose any survivor series be done? i'm not being bitchy, i'm legitimately curious. would you go the other way around (from best to worst)?

one big poll couldn't be done and i think even if it could, it'd turn a lot of people off by having 300 options listed.

but i know for me, if i have any spare time and try to do individual rankings for a band (just for my own sake i mean), i usually go from best to worst.

The least favorite song way takes longer than this one, for the most part. As you may have noticed, we pretty much only get about 11-13 voters per round. Instead of dragging out these album rounds, I opted to do it this way. Now, when we get to the Tier 1, 2 and 3 survivors, I will do least favorite songs. There's likely to be more participation when the songs are all those people know.

Re-listened to this after I voted, and I'm sticking to my guns that the decision was pretty easy, but I do LOVE Us Vs. Them, Lost and Before Three among a few other songs. I forget that I actually like this album most of the time.

This album is terrible, definitely my least favorite Cure release. Just a lot of boring songs that go nowhere. The only positive it has over Wild Mood Swings is that it (my version at least) is shorter. And the album cover is hilarious.

Went with Before Three and alt.end.

While Travis is listening to 60 seconds of every track and declaring this to The Cure's worst album, I'm also realizing that I love "(I Don't Know What's Going) On" and "Taking Of" (which sounds a lot like a throw-back to the 80s sound :love: )

how would you propose any survivor series be done? i'm not being bitchy, i'm legitimately curious. would you go the other way around (from best to worst)?

one big poll couldn't be done and i think even if it could, it'd turn a lot of people off by having 300 options listed.

but i know for me, if i have any spare time and try to do individual rankings for a band (just for my own sake i mean), i usually go from best to worst.

I'd just flip it, as you suggest. The world is cynical enough. Picking a favorite song shouldn't be. Especially a U2 song on a U2 forum.

Back
Top Bottom