The Cure Survivor - The Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO Favorites

• Truth, Goodness and Beauty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anniversary

• Us or Them

• Fake

• Taking Off

• Never

• Going Nowhere

• This Morning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Von Schloopen is just mad because people don't like his threads.

That's fair. I know far less than you.

I wish I was gold so I could use this as a sig.

Yeah, there are several non-album tracks I would like to see in the next round. Charlotte Sometimes, The Walk, The Upstairs Room, This Twilight Garden, Burn, Fear of Ghosts...there are quite a few great ones out there.

It should probably take a week to get through all of it if we just do one-day threads so I don't care one way or another.

Perhaps you could just ask for nominations. Everyone submits their top five non-album tracks. I suppose the potential for ties would be through the roof, but it would limit the time spent.

I like that idea, I'll start another thread for it and take nominations until the end of 4:13 Dream so there's no down time.

OK, so, I'm just listening to this album for the first time. I don't see what's so bad about it. Its main problem is that it's just too long, especially if you use all the songs from the various versions.

AS I RECALL: It was a bit of a huge fan favorite and also a huge fan bone of contention. Kind of like they're HTDAAB.

Yes. Apparently I had brain damage in 2004, because the evidence would indicate that I was one of them at the time.

Axver said:
Yes. Apparently I had brain damage in 2004, because the evidence would indicate that I was one of them at the time.

The HTDAAB leak thread would have gone DEEP in the thread survivor had it not been deleted. :angry:

Guys, I'm friggin' dying over here. This thread has 75 posts in it and only 7 votes.

GAF's initial prediction is coming to fruition. Damn him and his sparkling wordplay!

:lol:, I had forgotten about GAF's initial post.

Well, Disintegration and Wish didn't do too badly, and we've had right around 13 votes per thread, so that's better than nothing. I'm content.

Yeah, but weren't you like 15 years old or something?

17. Judging by the posts of some 17 year olds here and on RYM, it's little consolation for me. Look at the stuff LM posted here when he was 17 compared to the fanboy shit I spewed.

Man, I did the world's biggest about-turn on everything when I was 19.

Guys, I'm friggin' dying over here. This thread has 75 posts in it and only 7 votes.

I just don't know if I can cast a meaningful vote. :(

Guess I have another couple of days though to get to know the album better.

Ah it's ok :wink:.

But I swear, if the votes stay where they are right now, then "End of the World" is the only song moving through.

17. Judging by the posts of some 17 year olds here and on RYM, it's little consolation for me. Look at the stuff LM posted here when he was 17 compared to the fanboy shit I spewed.

Man, I did the world's biggest about-turn on everything when I was 19.

I just don't know if I can cast a meaningful vote. :(

Guess I have another couple of days though to get to know the album better.

Well, I tend to be too embarrassed by reading anything I said from two days ago, never mind 8 years ago. But I started out in pleba trying to be one of them, and felt too creepy using all those drool smilies that it ended pretty quick.

Somewhere on this board is a post I made trying to politely explain to someone that Radiohead was not a big deal.

Labyrinth and The Promise.

The Promise was pretty good live. It was the only time I've seen Robert Smith really going crazy over the music.

Back
Top Bottom