The Cure Survivor - The Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO Favorites

• Truth, Goodness and Beauty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anniversary

• Us or Them

• Fake

• Taking Off

• Never

• Going Nowhere

• This Morning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rawr.jpg

Rawr.

I'd just flip it, as you suggest. The world is cynical enough. Picking a favorite song shouldn't be. Especially a U2 song on a U2 forum.

You're still not making a clear suggestion.

Are you proposing that in round 1 of Album X, everybody votes for their favourite track, and the song with the highest vote proceeds while the rest proceed to round 2? Then in round 2, everybody votes for their favourite of the remaining tracks, and the song with the highest vote proceeds? Etc., etc., until the album achieves its quota for the finals?

It could be interesting, I'll give you that, and might be good to try in EYKIW with U2. Still wouldn't be as long as the least-favourite-vote Survivor - which, may I point out, is called Survivor because it directly lifts the form of elimination from the TV show.

(And you complained about finals seeding, so who the hell knows with you.)

btw, i love how i've posted like 500 times in this thread, despite never having heard this album. only on interference!

and only on a day where i don't have a final the next day.

The album cover is great because it's eponymous. I mean, that image is supposed to sum up the Cure. Imagine if U2 came back with this

1z4eih2.jpg

btw, i love how i've posted like 500 times in this thread, despite never having heard this album. only on interference!

and only on a day where i don't have a final the next day.
I love that this is shaping up to be the most popular round so far :lmao:

/shloop'd

what song?

Didn't Viva Davidoff win worst song?
The album cover is great because it's eponymous. I mean, that image is supposed to sum up the Cure. Imagine if U2 came back with this

1z4eih2.jpg

L.M.F.A.O.

Didn't Viva Davidoff win worst song?
ugh, yes! pissed me off. zomg i don't know this song, but imma vote anyway! bitches. how about you just not vote if you don't know all the songs listed. viva davidoff is really the worst, really? it's funny because you hear people rag on songs like red light or even crazy tonight, but i've never once heard "oh man, that fucking viva davidoff...worst ever!"

if i could turn back time :cher: i would've committed sacrilege and just not put any passengers songs or b-sides on there. none of this voting for the song you don't recognise crap.

You're still not making a clear suggestion.

Are you proposing that in round 1 of Album X, everybody votes for their favourite track, and the song with the highest vote proceeds while the rest proceed to round 2? Then in round 2, everybody votes for their favourite of the remaining tracks, and the song with the highest vote proceeds? Etc., etc., until the album achieves its quota for the finals?

It could be interesting, I'll give you that, and might be good to try in EYKIW with U2. Still wouldn't be as long as the least-favourite-vote Survivor - which, may I point out, is called Survivor because it directly lifts the form of elimination from the TV show.

(And you complained about finals seeding, so who the hell knows with you.)

I don't think I could be any clearer.

Vote for your favorite song.

Done.

No game.

Wax nostalgic about your favorite song. The more waxing the better.

And take a step back. You're kinda agro.

ugh, yes! pissed me off. zomg i don't know this song, but imma vote anyway! bitches. how about you just not vote if you don't know all the songs listed. viva davidoff is really the worst, really? it's funny because you hear people rag on songs like red light or even crazy tonight, but i've never once heard "oh man, that fucking viva davidoff...worst ever!"

if i could turn back time :cher: i would've committed sacrilege and just not put any passengers songs or b-sides on there. none of this voting for the song you don't recognise crap.

I wasn't here for that survivor, and actually, thanks to it, it was the only reason I ever heard "Viva Davidoff". So, I mean, there was one positive. Like I said, I really like the song, find it quite pleasant.

But that sucks that that's what ended up happening, I agree, if it were ever done again, it would probably be best to either 1) Do only album songs or 2) Leave out the SUPER obscure stuff and Passengers.

Voting for Viva Davidoff as the worst U2 song is like saying you'd rather hear Stand Up Comedy than nothing. Which is ludicrous.

I don't think I could be any clearer.

Vote for your favorite song.

Done.

No game.

Wax nostalgic about your favorite song. The more waxing the better.

That'd be a boring competition.

And take a step back. You're kinda agro.

Hey, I'm not the one who cruises into every thread to drag it down with complaints made and responded to a hundred times before.

But that sucks that that's what ended up happening, I agree, if it were ever done again, it would probably be best to either 1) Do only album songs or 2) Leave out the SUPER obscure stuff and Passengers.

Yeah, Passengers and the b-sides tend to get fucked over no matter how we do Survivor - best, worst, this format or that. Apart from the likes of HMTMKMKM and Electrical Storm, even the big ones are screwed soon as the finals begin. Which is a shame, because as any thread discussing b-sides quickly establishes, there are some real gems that a lot of Interferencers feel strongly about.

(This makes me wonder if there's much point in doing The Cure's non-album tracks. I think I'm a pretty decent Cure fan yet I know very few of their non-album songs.)

yeah, that's what i'd suggest too to whoever would do it. otherwise you're just setting it up for the same outcome.

Voting for Viva Davidoff as the worst U2 song is like saying you'd rather hear Stand Up Comedy than nothing. Which is ludicrous.
exactly. i mean i'm one of the few who likes stand up comedy, but come on. we all have some song that we think is just appalling. i'd be willing to bet 99% of interference would think viva davidoff is not it.

Yeah, Passengers and the b-sides tend to get fucked over no matter how we do Survivor - best, worst, this format or that. Apart from the likes of HMTMKMKM and Electrical Storm, even the big ones are screwed soon as the finals begin. Which is a shame, because as any thread discussing b-sides quickly establishes, there are some real gems that a lot of Interferencers feel strongly about.

(This makes me wonder if there's much point in doing The Cure's non-album tracks. I think I'm a pretty decent Cure fan yet I know very few of their non-album songs.)

Like Khan said, I think the Cure may be one of the only bands where a non-album song has a real shot at winning the whole thing (Charlotte Sometimes).

I'm beginning to debate against doing Join the Dots, but I'm definitely still doing Japanese Whispers.

Since this is my rodeo, I'm pretty much cheating and letting three songs go through. I wonder what they could possibly be!

Like Khan said, I think the Cure may be one of the only bands where a non-album song has a real shot at winning the whole thing (Charlotte Sometimes).

I'm beginning to debate against doing Join the Dots, but I'm definitely still doing Japanese Whispers.

True, I definitely want to see Charlotte Sometimes in the final. Beyond that, though? None of the other non-album tracks I know are anything I feel strongly enough about to vote for. I haven't listened to that many, to be fair, but how many people here have?

Back
Top Bottom