The Cure Survivor - Final Round - FIGHT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please Vote for your LEAST Favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
OK, by request, even though there was a tie, I am going to go ahead and move on to the final round of the competition. I don't agree that the results would 100% be the same if we did have a run-off, but let's just continue.

Disintegration and Play for Today were eliminated in a tie, therefore the two greatest songs by the Cure (according to a few people on the Internet) are!

A Night Like This

and

A Forest

Please be sure to vote for your LEAST favorite.

I'm going to leave this poll open for 48 hours.

The song with the least amount of votes will be your Champion!

I like A Night Like This more than A Forest, so yeah. Both songs are amazing though, so this is a great final.

A Forest was my favorite going in, and it's still my favorite now. It's the epitome of post-punk atmosphere and minimalism, and it is the best song on their best album. It should win this.

This is actually a great final as far as I am concerned. Both of these songs are in my top 10, maybe even top 5. What both of these songs have in common is that they had tremendously improved live to the extent that I can barely remember how the studio versions sound like.

But I do remember that saxophone like one remembers a dog bite, or trying to taste broccoli. Painful and traumatizing. A Forest it is (for the win).

It was good fun and kudos to bono_212 for doing this.

Anybody up for a Sonic Youth survivor? Probably not.

An R.E.M. survivor was already done in the past if I recall correctly, yes?

Yeah, I ran the REM survivor. Radio Free Europe won. I don't know what the hell happened with that.

Basically any kind of band would fit that has some fans here that started in the 80s and has 10+ albums, akin to The Cure. Depeche Mode and Joy Division/New Order also come to mind.

Basically any kind of band would fit that has some fans here that started in the 80s and has 10+ albums, akin to The Cure. Depeche Mode and Joy Division/New Order also come to mind.

DM and JD-NO! That would be nice.

I thought Radio Free Europe winning was quite predictable really.

Anyway, I love A Night Like This, it's probably in my top twenty Cure songs, but no way did it deserve to be top five, let alone reach the grand final. To be fair I don't think A Forest is entirely a great grand finalist either, but it's closer to the mark. Both awesome songs but by no means the best of The Cure.

Ha ha, that's almost as strange as What Is and What Should Never Be winning the Zeppelin survivor.

Over the Hills and Far Away won that, actually, defeating WIAWSNB. Great final.

Every time I run a survivor the winner is really strange. I expect Love Lockdown to win the Kanye survivor.

This is a REALLY weird final to me. How in the hell did "A Night Like This" get here?

My bad, I thought we were voting for our favorite here.

Can I please change my vote from "A Forest" to "A Night Like This"?

A Joy Division survivor would be cool - and pretty quick, even with all the non-album material.

A poster on Interference who is not a native English speaker! Shock and disbelief!

Oh man, for a second, I thought we had a tie and got really excited.

Then I remembered GAF's vote.

WELL, there you have it ladies and gentlemen. The best song the Cure ever wrote: A Forest.

Congrats and stuff.

I hope you all realize what you've now done. In the pre-season betting, Travis took "A Forest" and I took "Charlotte Sometimes". You've all made my husband a winner. Thanks. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom