The Cure Survivor - Disintegration (PLEASE READ, Slight rule change!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FIVE FAVORITES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pointed out the Closedown thing to her after the poll was made. I dunno, Lovesong being one word is debatable too.

Why? They always called it Lovesong. Grammar and morphology are not very rock and roll. :wink:

It's only "Lovesong" on occasion. As a matter of fact, I don't have my CD copy handy, but I think it's inconsistent on there. Some compilations have it as two words also.

According to wiki:

Title

Similar to the title variations of the Cure song "In Between Days", there doesn't seem to be a universally agreed-upon spacing method of the title of Lovesong, as it varies between "Lovesong" and "Love Song" on many official Cure releases. The original 1989 artwork for the album Disintegration uses "Love Song" on the tracklisting and "Lovesong" on the lyrics sheet: the revised art for the 2010 remaster of the album consistently uses "Lovesong". When released as a single in 1989, the cover artwork displayed the title as "Lovesong", while the printing on the disc itself read "Love Song" all three times. Subsequent releases of Paris and Galore both use "Lovesong" exclusively, whilst 2001's Greatest Hits compilation uses "Lovesong" on the track listing and "Love Song" within the liner notes. 2004's Join the Dots also uses "Lovesong" within the booklet presentation.

Interesting. Well, not really, but still, I stand corrected.

So I guess I'm the only person who thinks Lullaby is the weakest song on the album then? Genuinely surprised it's doing so well.

You prefer Last Dance to Lullaby? That song is so bland. Without it this would have been pretty much a perfect album for me.

Made the difficult decision to vote for the title track over Prayers for Rain. I'm disappointed that Untitled looks like it won't proceed to the next round.

You prefer Last Dance to Lullaby? That song is so bland. Without it this would have been pretty much a perfect album for me.

Eh, they're the two tracks I notice least. Which one do I prefer? Not sure, to be honest.

Lullaby is the song that got me into the Cure. It's still top 5 for me. The string arrangement is sublime and the lyrics are among Robert's most evocative.

Lullaby is the song that got me into the Cure. It's still top 5 for me. The string arrangement is sublime and the lyrics are among Robert's most evocative.

I guess here's where we differ markedly, since I just casually appreciated The Cure until I heard Faith. Worlds away from Lullaby.

Though don't get me wrong; if Lullaby were on some other albums, it might earn my vote. e.g. if it were on The Top or Kiss Me x3 I'd vote for it, and it would only just miss out if it were on The Head on the Door.

The song that really got me into The Cure was Burn, and it is still my favourite song of theirs. Hell, it's one of my favourite songs in general.

It's sort of their Acrobat in being a CureHive favourite and they never played it live.

I can't quite name a specific #1 track or a ranked top ten, but my top Cure tracks are the eight songs from Faith, Charlotte Sometimes, A Strange Day, Cold, and Untitled.

Just Like Heaven
Disintegration
Lovesong
Charlotte Sometimes
Fire in Cairo?

Something like that.

Finally voted. What a stupidly hard decision. Went with the first four tracks and the title track.

The song that really got me into The Cure was Burn, and it is still my favourite song of theirs. Hell, it's one of my favourite songs in general.

It's sort of their Acrobat in being a CureHive favourite and they never played it live.

Moreover, unlike U2, The Cure actually play 99% of their album tracks, along with a reasonable amount of B-sides live. Which makes it being such a favourite even more fascinating.

This is easily the best album by The Cure. It was really tough to choose just 5.

I would agree that Plainsong should move on in front of Fascination Street. I'm fine with the five that are leading at the moment, though.

I think anything that stands in the way of Untitled proceeding should be disqualified.

I'm fine with Fascination Street, just surprised it's going to knock out Plainsong.

I am just now realizing that I am going to have to listen to Wild Mood Swings in the near future. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

In any case, there's always Want to look forward to when I go and listen to that record. Listening 4:13 Dream would be however much more painful.

Gutted that Lovesong and Lullaby have made it and Untitled has not.

Back
Top Bottom