The Cure Survivor - Disintegration (PLEASE READ, Slight rule change!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FIVE FAVORITES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please vote for your FIVE FAVORITES

After a lot of mistakes on my part, we eventually got our three songs from Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me.

Thus far, the tier 2 survivor looks like this:

Just Like Heaven (12 Votes)
Why Can't I Be You? (6 Votes)
The Kiss (4 or 8 Votes depending on the thread )
Joining:
The Caterpillar
Shake Dog Shake
Dressing Up
Primary
All Cats are Grey
The Funeral Party
Play for Today
A Forest
M

So, here's the deal. I really feel like 5 songs is too many to do a round whre you pick favorites, and wanted to do a round by round vote for your least favorite. However, with Thanksgiving, it seemed like a poor choice in timing, and I don't want to leave the survivor dead for five days, so we're going to keep the status quo, but this thread will be open until Monday evening. Everyone should have seen it by then, I would imagine.

Thank you all for putting up with the craziness. I never promised this would go off without a hitch ;)

So, being the number one album (per votes), Disintegration will receive FIVE SONGS so please, hard though it may be, VOTE FOR YOUR FIVE FAVORITE SONGS

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate!

Fantastic:

1. Pictures of You
2. Lullabye
3. Untitled
4. Lovesong

Really good:

5. Disintegration
6. Plainsong
7. Prayers for Rain
8. Fascination Street
9. Close Down

Lesser, but still likable enough:

10. The Same Deep Water as You
11. Homesick
12. Last Dance

Amazing album.

I'm being completely honest when I say that every song on this album is at least an 8 for me.

I had considered giving the album 6, as it had SO MANY of the votes, but half the album seemed like too much :lol:

I might like that version more than the original, and the original is like my 2nd or 3rd favorite song by The Cure.

Really tough. This is an amazingly consistent album. My instinct is to go with

Lovesong
Lullaby
The Same Deep Water as You
Homesick
Pictures of You

But those last few are up for grabs.

One of my favourite albums of all time.

Very difficult, but I'll go with Fascination Street, Lullaby, Homesick, Disintegration and Pictures of You.

I voted for Plainsong.

And Disintegration, Same Deep Water, Prayers for Rain and Lovesong.

I don't know enough Cure songs to participate in this survivor, but I'm going to vote here just so I can vote for Plainsong.

(Unless that would totally just piss everyone off, in which case I will refrain and just say Y U GUYS NO VOTE FOR PLAINSONG????)

I think Lovesong might be the single best track in their oeuvre.* A Forest or Sinking would be in the running as well.

* Specially for Bono212.

I wish Homesick would get more votes. Such a fantastic song, the guitar and keyboard interplay is fabulous.

iron yuppie said:
I think Lovesong might be the single best track in their oeuvre.* A Forest or Sinking would be in the running as well.

* Specially for Bono212.

Why me?

LemonMelon said:
No votes at all for Close Down? That's a damn fine song.

I am still debating between it, lullaby, prayers for rain and same deep water as you.

I've got four of my five selections sorted: Untitled (one of my top five Cure songs), Pictures of You, Plainsong, and Fascination Street.

But I can't choose between Prayers for Rain or the title track for my final vote. Uggghhh.

Excrutiatingly difficult to only pick 5 songs, but the last pick absolutely must go to Lullabye for me, on further reflection.

I think The XX must've listened to this song about a bajillion times before they started writing tunes. lol

I have to ask... What's up with "Lullabye" and "Close Down"?

Hahaha, I didn't even notice the word choice. My mistake :lol:.

Though it was LeMel who started it.

Back
Top Bottom