The Cure: 4:13 DREAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Considerably shorter show than the one I saw in 2013 - like by 13 songs. Maybe they're just getting warmed up, or maybe this is how it's gonna be. Whatever, I'm happy to be seeing them. With their catalog I doubt I'll be disappointed.

A Faith era encore at the second night, which has a pretty good set overall.

Damn, I'm still sort of tempted to drop the money on the Melbourne show.

Night 2 was raaaaadically different from night 1 and had 10 Disintegration songs to 1 Wish song, so yeah. It's just luck of the draw like always.

I'm kind of attached to Plainsong as an opener. I should probably let that go.

The live premiere of This Twilight Garden, one of my favourite Cure songs. That and Burn are a must-see for me.

I really should see more than one concert on this tour.

This was the killer setlist from the El Paso show in 2013. I thought the show was over after A Forest, but no.

1. Plainsong
2. Fascination Street
3. A Night Like This
4. Torture
5. The End of the World
6. Lovesong
7. Just Like Heaven
8. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
9. Pictures of You
10. Lullaby
11. High
12. Hot Hot Hot
13. Birdmad Girl
14. The Walk
15. Stop Dead
16. Push
17. In Between Days
18. Friday I'm in Love
19. Doing the Unstuck
20. Treasure
21. Want
22. The Hungry Ghost
23. Wrong Number
24. One Hundred Years
25. Disintegration

1st encore:
26. Shake Dog Shake
27. Bananafishbones
28. The Caterpillar
29. Give Me It

2nd encore:
30. Catch
31. The Baby Screams
32. Sinking
33. Play For Today
34. A Forest

3rd encore:
35. The Lovecats
36. Close To Me
37. Let's Go To Bed
38. Why Can't I Be You?
39. Boys Don't Cry
40. 10:15 Saturday Night
41. Killing An Arab

Last night's show in Houston was considerably longer than the others. I hope this continues.

Well shit. Apparently the band are staying in my hotel because I'm looking at the keyboard player and Simon chatting up fans at the bar. It's not even crowded. Holy cow I love El Paso.

Ok, so that was a blast. The shows are getting longer and I bet they'll be playing 40 songs by the time they get to LA. Not my favorite setlist last night but it was fantastic, intimate venue, Mexican audiences are the best, they played Elise :heart: and, oh yeah, the band in my hotel. Simon & Roger made it a point, it seemed, to talk to every person in the bar - like actually have conversations with people. They literally came over to us and offered hugs. Smith posed for photos with a very small group of fans in the lobby and disappeared. He looks so much thinner and healthier up close than on stage. He looked great, actually.

So wow, they are nice people, guys. That's my Cure story. Of all the musicians I ever thought it would be cool to meet like that, they never crossed my mind.

Ok, so that was a blast. The shows are getting longer and I bet they'll be playing 40 songs by the time they get to LA. Not my favorite setlist last night but it was fantastic, intimate venue, Mexican audiences are the best, they played Elise :heart: and, oh yeah, the band in my hotel. Simon & Roger made it a point, it seemed, to talk to every person in the bar - like actually have conversations with people. They literally came over to us and offered hugs. Smith posed for photos with a very small group of fans in the lobby and disappeared. He looks so much thinner and healthier up close than on stage. He looked great, actually.

So wow, they are nice people, guys. That's my Cure story. Of all the musicians I ever thought it would be cool to meet like that, they never crossed my mind.

Very cool. I'm going to check out your set list now and be more jealous.

EDIT: Holy shit, you got several Bloodflowers songs, I would have lost my shit. Haven't heard even one song from that album live in person. Same as U2, Drowning Man, is one of my favorite "underrrated" tracks of theirs, I would have flipped out on that too.

Last edited:
Why oh why didn't you go to the Dallas show?? I need to listen to Bloodflowers more. I totally appreciated that they played stuff I knew they didn't play often, and the last show I saw they played a more popular setlist, so I feel Cure complete now.

There were a few moments when I was trying to get on the road where I thought why am I doing this, I'm so stressed out, I kept having to pull over and answer work emails, and I felt like maybe it wouldn't be that good or whatever. I honestly don't care about meeting bands but obviously I'm delighted with the way it turned out.

So far they've played seventy different songs in six shows. Not bad for a band that's been around for nearly 40 years. If only other bands could rotate that much stuff around...:hmm:

B-b-b-but it will ruin the NARRATIVE! It's too hard for the lighting guys!! It'll offend the casual fans!!!

Interesting first set at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm thrilled that they played 32 songs despite the curfew. And they played 2 Late! Hopefully after a really KMKMKM, The Top and Disintegration-heavy show, they'll give some love to the early stuff tomorrow, my first and probably last show of the tour. Only 3 songs from the first four albums tonight.

I think it's awesome that Burn is still in the set. Hopefully tomorrow isn't the first night they skip it.

Last edited:
It's cool that they're willing to play anything from their discography, but only 3-4 of those songs would hold anything beyond novelty value for me.

Oh man, that was a dream setlist for a bit. This Twilight Garden, A Night Like This, The Exploding Boy, A Letter to Elise, just fantastic stuff. There was a run of The Exploding Boy> In Between Days> Just Like Heaven that was pure pop bliss.

After that, well, great performance but the Cure lottery was not kind. Might try to grab a ticket for tomorrow and hope for the best. This is one of only two 3 night residencies on the tour so who knows how weird it might get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have liked to have heard Doing the Unstuck, personally. It was such an upbeat show that the song's deceptively sweet melody would have fit in great. High was more than acceptable as a replacement.

I wanted to hear A Night Like This so bad, but A Letter to Elise forgives all. I feel like A Night Like This is a Cure song even martha would like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom