The Cure: 4:13 DREAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope The Twilight Sad doesn't cut into The Cure's set time too much. They're a solid band, but I want some 3 hour sets and the Hollywood Bowl has a strict 11 PM curfew.

Nonetheless, really glad The Cure have finally gotten off their asses and back on the road. Maybe this will lead to some new music too.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed by the venue, on second thought. I want to see one of those unique long shows so badly, and I'm definitely assuming that the venue in this case is going to preclude that...

I hope The Twilight Sad doesn't cut into The Cure's set time too much. They're a solid band, but I want some 3 hour sets and the Hollywood Bowl has a strict 11 PM curfew.

Nonetheless, really glad The Cure have finally gotten off their asses and back on the road. Maybe this will lead to some new music too.

I wouldn't worry too much. The last time I saw them, 65daysofstatic played for about 40 mins, Cure played for right around 3 hrs.

I'm hoping they remember they made albums before Head on the Door, unlike their Lolla set a few years ago.

I'm hoping they remember they made albums before Head on the Door, unlike their Lolla set a few years ago.

Weren't the TIB/17S/Faith shows in LA? Like, if you wanted all the early stuff you got your fix there.

They were playing a bunch of The Top material on their last festival run, which makes me eternally envious. Birdmad Girl :drool:

Any halfway decent Cure fan would want to hear something from before 1985.

Unfortunately, I think the Hollywood Bowl show is going to be geared toward the Friday I'm in Love crowd.

I'm not going to complain about anything they play because I'm enough of a fan to just be happy to see them :p. It's not like they're on a constant tour cycle here in the States.

I have zero idea why you think a none festival set would be geared at casuals.

Last time the cure played the bowl:

Underneath the Stars
Prayers for Rain
A Night Like This
The Walk
The End of the World
Lovesong
Sleep When I'm Dead
To Wish Impossible Things
Pictures of You
Lullaby
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
The Perfect Boy
Hot Hot Hot!!!
The Only One
Push
Friday I'm in Love
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
A Letter to Elise
Never Enough
Wrong Number
One Hundred Years
It's Over

Encore:
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
The Kiss

Encore 2:
At Night
M
Play for Today
A Forest

Encore 3:
The Lovecats
Let's Go to Bed
Freakshow
Close to Me
Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 4:
Boys Don't Cry

Calm yourself, child.

Can we agree that the Cure have the best set-lists of any band that's ever existed? Just on volume alone....and I love how they'll focus on albums like Seventeen Seconds or the Top. Imagine any other big band playing most of a weirdo (and glorious) early release. Oh God I hope they don't start playing most of Wild Mood Swings, the Cure, or 4:13 Dream...

and I hope this tour isn't in support of a new album...let alone outtakes from 4:13 Dream. Smith has unfortunately forgotten how to both write good songs and approve mixes and productions that are at the very least not painful to listen to.

And now I can't find any tickets on the app either....fuck...either they released like no tickets, or this is going to be a nightmare.

The last time I saw them, they did an encore set of 3 Imaginary Boys songs followed by an encore set of Seventeen Seconds songs. I would judge a festival set list as representative of a standard Cure show.

Great to see that they're doing a North American tour.
And now I can't find any tickets on the app either....fuck...either they released like no tickets, or this is going to be a nightmare.
They added a second show at the Hollywood Bowl - May 23rd.

Last edited:
I'm glad, because now that I'm rereading the presale page on The Cure's website, it almost seems like they released ALL the tickets in the pre-sale...hope I'm reading that wrong. I would've much rather gone to a Sunday night show than a Monday, but I'll definitely take what I can get at this point.

Listened to Bloodflowers this morning. "There Is No If..." is just one of Those songs.

2016 North America tour dates

05-11-16 New Orleans, LA - TBA
05-13 Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
05-14 Houston, TX - TBA
05-15 Dallas, TX - TBA
05-17 El Paso, TX - Don Haskins Center
05-19 Las Vegas, NV - The Chelsea Theater at The Cosmopolitan
05-20 Chula Vista, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheater
05-22-24 Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl
05-26 Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
05-31 Vancouver, British Columbia - Festival Lawn at Deer Lake Park
06-03 Salt Lake City, UT - Maverik Center
06-05 Denver, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
06-08 Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre
06-10-11 Chicago, IL - U.I.C. Pavilion
06-12-13 Toronto, Ontario - TBA
06-14 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
06-16 Boston, MA - TBA
06-18-20 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
06-22 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
06-24 Atlanta, GA - Aarons Amphitheater Lakewood
06-26 Miami, FL - Bayfront Park Amphitheater

Good to see SLC on there

God god, I almost missed this. A day late for El Paso but because of how slow things move down on the border, I still managed to score a very sweet 9th row seat. I love that venue so much - seats about 12,000 - and the Mexican audience absolutely rules. (Anybody still unsure what immigration can do for the US? Visit El Paso. Went from a shit hole to a beautiful, vibrant city.)

Now I'll try for Denver when they go on sale this morning.

Last edited:
The tour has begun!

Two new songs, first All I Want since 1987 and BURN! :drool:

Setlist: Tape / Open, alt.end, All I Want, Push, In Between Days, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Step Into The Light, Sleep When I'm Dead, A Letter to Elise, High, The Walk, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, Trust, Want, The Hanging Garden, One Hundred Years, End

1st Encore: At Night, M, Play for Today, A Forest

2nd Encore: Dressing Up, Piggy in the Mirror, Shake Dog Shake, Give Me It

3rd Encore: Burn

4th Encore: It Can Never Be the Same

Back
Top Bottom