The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm gonna go back and read the thread after I'm done to see how much of the sentiments I echo.

I used to think John Petrucci's guitars sounded tonally great, but it's now increasingly evident that he uses the same lead tone for every song, without any consideration as to whether it fits the song. "A Savior In The Square", it sounds totally ridiculous over that introduction.

What the fuck is with those horns? Is this a fucking Monty Python sketch?

Yeah, I'm gonna go back and read the thread after I'm done to see how much of the sentiments I echo.

I used to think John Petrucci's guitars sounded tonally great, but it's now increasingly evident that he uses the same lead tone for every song, without any consideration as to whether it fits the song. "A Savior In The Square", it sounds totally ridiculous over that introduction.

What the fuck is with those horns? Is this a fucking Monty Python sketch?

I think he uses TriAxis for the amps (if you wanna know) and it's programmable like crazy. so i guess he can't use excuse like, "hey my mark 5 can't even produce that many tones and I don't wanna dial in microtonal nuances"

"The light is always darkest just before the new day."

No, it's not. The presence of the moon in the sky, the orbit of the sun and the current timezone affects this. For example, I'm currently in DST. The sun sets at 8pm and rises at 6am. Ergo, the darkest point in the night is slightly after halfway between these two points, about 1:30am. That's not before the new day in either "right before midnight" or "right before sunrise". Get your science in check, Johnny.

can you believe that Dunlop is releasing John's signature wah pedal and it's based on his setting? it's fucking weird sounding it sounds pretty unusable

"gabriel was born and blessed with the natural ability to sing and to make music on a level that is simply… astonishing."

giphy.gif

best

Loving your thoughts, Liam.

I take it John Myung didn't show up for this album, either. The mix is all guitar, kick drum and snare.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I noticed him one bit.

"The light is always darkest just before the new day."

No, it's not. The presence of the moon in the sky, the orbit of the sun and the current timezone affects this. For example, I'm currently in DST. The sun sets at 8pm and rises at 6am. Ergo, the darkest point in the night is slightly after halfway between these two points, about 1:30am. That's not before the new day in either "right before midnight" or "right before sunrise". Get your science in check, Johnny.

:lol:

To be fair, those songs were actually pretty good. They hold up as thrashy metal tunes.

Nah, his one good alcoholism song is The Mirror.

"All music was written by John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess."

OH. I SEE

Oh. Well then. That would explain it.

Nah, his one good alcoholism song is The Mirror.

You're right about The Shattered Fortress, but the rest are highlights of their respective albums for me. Really! Even Repentance is a moment of quietness on an album that is almost always blaringly loud.

Begin Again breaks into orchestral disco at the end? Sure! Why the fuck not.

Back
Top Bottom