The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i can't even tell from the pictures who the bard is supposed to be. clearly that's who would be saving music if this was a real fantasy story. plebians.

HORNS!!!!!!! THE SAVIOR HATH COME

He's actually trying to sing differently for each character?

Is it wrong that my first reaction to that is, "Oh, that's adorable!"

The key word is "trying". They don't really sound that different. But they're meant to. Which just makes this funnier.

LORD NAFAAARRRYYYUUUUUSSSS ARRlVES!

PLEASE DON'T STOP ON MY ACCOUNT!!

The key word is "trying". They don't really sound that different. But they're meant to. Which just makes this funnier.

yeah to the point that if i hadn't been told that's what he was trying to do, i never would have noticed.

Ahhhhhhh, I see. That's interesting.

Petrucci said this was inspired by Game of Thrones and Star Wars. So, yes, it's truly dreadful fanfic put to music.

Yeah, "Game of Thrones" immediately came to mind when I looked at that site. That certainly explains it, then.

do you guys like King Crimson?

My dad did. I know he used to play a couple of their songs here and there around the house when I was little, but I can't remember offhand which ones (pretty sure that "21st Century" song was among them, though).

Well I'm glad somebody's applauding on this because I sure as shit aren't. But I can't stop laughing. Oh man, the bad synths.

yeah to the point that if i hadn't been told that's what he was trying to do, i never would have noticed.

I was just looking at the Wikipedia page for this album and:

In August, James LaBrie began recording vocals. Singing as multiple characters, he took it upon himself to create unique interpretations of each one, with Petrucci offering him sporadic advice and feedback.

Clearly that advice and feedback SUCKED.

"NOMACS music is now the only music anyone knows or listens to, and the only music that still exists. The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness."

Oh shut the fuck up you tired old men. Stop with the thinly veiled curmudgeoning.

i just want to know if they actually played ESO or just used its character creator to make those pictures.

Well I'm glad somebody's applauding on this because I sure as shit aren't. But I can't stop laughing. Oh man, the bad synths.

In August, James LaBrie began recording vocals. Singing as multiple characters, he took it upon himself to create unique interpretations of each one, with Petrucci offering him sporadic advice and feedback.

yes that was terrible advice. he should not be allowed to ever give advice again.

"NOMACS music is now the only music anyone knows or listens to, and the only music that still exists. The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness."

Oh shut the fuck up you tired old men. Stop with the thinly veiled curmudgeoning.

Hahaha, seriously, I feel like I should lend them canes and rocking chairs after reading that quoted bit. Oh, wow.

I'm not sure what it says that When Your Time Has Come is actually the best song so far. It feels like there's a hint of feelin- oh wait just as I type that, it's time for Petrucci to do another pointlessly masturbatory solo.

I need another beer.

indeed

I like that it was only "sporadic" advice, like he couldn't be fucked to stick around long enough to significantly contribute.

How can one give advice AND shred incessantly?

Oneohtrix album isn't this unlistenable and that album is EXPERIMENTAL electronica. it's like most unlistenable genre.

"Gabriel was born and blessed with the natural ability to sing and to make music on a level that is simply… astonishing."

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom