The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh the orchestral song....this must be where lord nefarious falls in love or something.

More from Wikipedia:

From its conception, Petrucci envisioned the story as eventually being re-worked into a film, play, or video game.

OH MY GOD PLEASE.

And by "please" I mean "don't; seriously, don't".

"Gabriel was born and blessed with the natural ability to sing and to make music on a level that is simply… astonishing."

giphy.gif

oh so he's basically the bard in the group.

"Mindlessly programmed to withstand the cold and passionless cacophony
of the NOMACS, people are transfixed by Gabriel and transported back to a time
where true art created by human beings was celebrated and consumed as the
ultimate nourishment for the soul. It is mesmerizing to all who hear him perform
and the sound of his voice is as cathartic to those around him as the most advanced
medicines available."

Wait, wait is Labrie talking about himself? hahahahaha

Oh my god is LaBrie trying to sing as Faythe? Because this is the worst vocal track so far.

This is so fucking wussy all of a sudden. I mentally step away for 5 minutes to read about the genesis of the NOMACS and it turns to sappy background music.

true art created by human beings was celebrated and consumed as the ultimate nourishment for the soul.

I feel like this could have been written by those people who share memes on Facebook about how "my generation paid for music and got this [photos of dad rock bands] your generation didn't and got this [photos of hip hop stars but we're not racist no we have black friends!!!11!1]"

"Mindlessly programmed to withstand the cold and passionless cacophony
of the NOMACS, people are transfixed by Gabriel and transported back to a time
where true art created by human beings was celebrated and consumed as the
ultimate nourishment for the soul."

I'm trying really hard to hold back on rolling my eyes right now...

I love how people act like criticizing "today's art/entertainment" is still some sort of novel thing instead of something that every single generation has done at some point.

I feel like this could have been written by those people who share memes on Facebook about how "my generation paid for music and got this [photos of dad rock bands] your generation didn't and got this [photos of hip hop stars but we're not racist no we have black friends!!!11!1]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/lewronggeneration

I'm gonna switch to this once I finish reading up on NOMACS

if he's serious about this, then........i literally have no words

Perhaps the part on the Wikipedia page that horrifies me the most is this:

In mid-2013, guitarist John Petrucci began writing a story for a concept album, presenting it to the rest of Dream Theater about a year later. The band and the record label were receptive to the idea, with Petrucci recalling, "Everybody had the 'go for it' mentality. And from the very first meeting that we had with Dave Rath at Roadrunner, when I presented this and even just said the title, he was 100 percent on board.

If the title THE ASTONISHING gets you excited rather than making you laugh... you probably shouldn't be allowed an opinion on anything.

When I heard that the title was THE ASTONISHING, i thought it was gonna be about horrible Bible stories. well this is arguably worse.

I've been pretty harsh on Songs of Innocence, but...it could be worse.

1:30 of Three Days worse.

Back
Top Bottom