The coolest thing you will hear today is by Justin Bieber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
No, wait! Come back! :wink:

Shamantis - J. BIEBZ - U SMILE 800% SLOWER - SoundCloud

Justin Bieber's song "Smile" stretched out 800% slower using a tool called PaulStretch.

Reading the comments, it's easy to get confused. At first people thought it was a hoax, that it was actually a song called "Echoes Across the Astral Wastelands" by a group called Photo Wave Orchestra.

But apparently Photo Wave Orchestra does not exist beyond this piece here, and it was originally put online as an April Fool's joke.

Or something like that.

Regardless, it's pretty nifty. Makes me want to take all sorts of poptastic stuff and slow it down.

There's some more information, discussion and additional links here:

http://www.metafilter.com/94834/Epic-Pop

No seriously - listen to it! Listen to two minutes of it. The whole thing is like 35 minutes long.

Someone in the Metafilter thread posted a link to a slowed-down Tik Tok as well - I need to check that out.

Fumeur17.gif

(still listening)

oiulkm ujoi/lk uhy iopk; [lp 0opk opik;l

*snork* Huh... wut? Sorry - fell asleep on my keyboard.

Um... what's the best technique for getting drool off a keyboard? :|

sorry, Cori - 800% slower Biebz just prolongs the agony by 800% :shrug:

:lol:

I just like how it took something irritating and made it into something unexpected and beautiful.

It's okay, you guys. Thinking this is kind of neat doesn't mean you will be identified as a Justin Bieber fan.

It's okay, you guys. Thinking this is kind of neat doesn't mean you will be identified as a Justin Bieber fan.

That has nothing to do with it, for me at least. I just thought it was boring as hell. I think a lot of it might have to do with never having heard the original "U Smile"

Do you have a link to that slowed down Tik Tok that you mentioned? Maybe if it was a song I already know and love, I'd get a bigger kick out of it.

Do you have a link to that slowed down Tik Tok that you mentioned? Maybe if it was a song I already know and love, I'd get a bigger kick out of it.

It's buried in that discussion thread on Metafilter that's linked in the original post.

To be honest, I checked it out and while it was recognizable to me as Tik Tok (probably because I knew the song), I didn't think it was nearly as cool as the other one.

Maybe I liked this one so much because I don't know the Bieber song! Ha.

Is this where I get to tell the story of my 75 year old friend who sat next to him on an airplane or do I really have to listen to this?

Do you like dreamy, ambient stuff? Then it might be worth at least a couple of minutes of your time. I don't recommend listening to the full 35 minutes worth of the track. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom