The Church: new albums, new tours, cranky old bastards. What's not to love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about putting those dates in here, but then my whiny "if I can't go, why should I tell others so they can go" self took over. Official DVD launch shows. Pout pout pout. :( :reject: :D

And you folks will probably also get shows supporting the solo SK album, the Church album, the solo MWP album, and maybe even the SK/Martin Kennedy album, all before they even think about coming here. :grumpy:

I almost feel like throwing a woofle-style tantrum, but I'm no where near cute enough to get away with it and would probably end up in the asylum. :sad:

aaaaaah, the Woofle-style tantrum :D I wonder where she got that from :wink: Hey, I'm all for chucking a wobbly now and again .. in the privacy of your own home of course! Especially door-slamming and stomping up and down the stairs ... :uhoh:

I truly am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that when the new album is released, the guys will embark on some o/s touring again .. especially close to your neighborhood :D

If it's any consolation, it's a bummer being the only Church/SK/MWP etc fan I know :wink: .. well, to go to shows and get excited with. Stupid people :madwife:

:combust:

A friend just sent me a message to let me know MWP is doing a solo gig in Melbourne (at the Northcote Social Club) on April 16.

:hyper: :dancing: :hyper:

oh god, too much excitement today, must go and have a lie down

TranceEnding said:
:combust:

A friend just sent me a message to let me know MWP is doing a solo gig in Melbourne (at the Northcote Social Club) on April 16.

:hyper: :dancing: :hyper:

oh god, too much excitement today, must go and have a lie down

:grumpy: :grumpy:

:madspit: :madspit:

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. We got 20.4" of snow (a record for the area) over the past two days and I am totally snowbound. It will probably take me until April 16 to dig out! :grumpy:

I think I might throw my woofle-sytle tantrum now....

Last edited:
no, not really :sad:

Well, I made a post about the MWP show on the HW site, and for some reason, it's paragraph-less :huh: I didn't do it :no: :wink:

Faaaaark, that's alot of snow Indra :( Hope you're doing alright and it clears soon!

Holy crap Indra! If it's any consolation for you, we are now entering our second week of above 30 temperatures, well today was the second day in a row of it being 40 degrees CELCIUS and it's not gonna go below 34 this week, till about next Monday anyway. I'm typing this sat in front of our piddly portable air conditioner :grumpy: (and practically nekkid.. :shifty: )

Please, chuck the wobbly, I'll join you....

And under the "where are people with video cameras when we need them?" file:

my fambley dared me to streak in my undies up street
in the middle of the day
i did
and they all screamed but hardly anyone
saw the old geezer in boots n hat running up street
in his undies*

...and now he has a cold. :tsk:

See, everyone's mum was right -- "You'll catch a cold doing that!!!" :wink:

(* from SK's blog -- I know, I know, blueeyedgirl and Trance Ending were hoping it was MWP. :D )

Last edited:
:lmao:

oh my goodness, that running-down-the-street-in-my-undies was such a classic!!!!!

I found the previous blog about the audition so hilarious for some reason (I'm not sure if was intended to be :wink: ) I loved the bit about SK glaring at all the other bearded men there :lol:

He is such a crack-up sometimes, I love it! :wink:

Yes, maybe it will encourage MWP to do the same :drool:

I've been feeling rather ill the last day or two, and just don't think I've the energy to go and read today's blog :( But this post put a big smile on my face again :D

Last edited:
From yeblik on HW:

if you like sk dvds watch this space
coming soon...."get stoned and paint"

Well I'm excited by this bit anyway. Greatly amused too. Gotta love the title. :D

It looks as if I will finally get to see a solo Marty gig!!! Woohoo!! :yippie:

Two -- Ferndale, MI and Cleveland -- are within reasonable (Ferndale is about 222 miles and Cleveland is about 134 miles) driving distance. Now if I wanted to be really extravagant I could drive to Minneapolis, see that show and then follow him through to Cleveland before heading home.... :D I am still hoping for a Church tour however, and would rather do that kind of stalking after the full band. Of course, if SK did a solo tour with the same stops I probably would do the full week stalking. :shifty:

Marty Willson-Piper’s Nightjar tour is continuing after Australia to the USA.
These are confirmed shows:

4/30 - Los Angeles, CA - Hotel Café
5/2 - Temecula, CA - Longshadow Ranch Winery
5/4 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
5/8 - Seattle, WA - Tractor Tavern
5/11 - Minneapolis, MN - 7th Street Entry
5/13 - Chicago, IL - Martyrs
5/14 - Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall
5/15 - Ferndale, MI - Magic Bag Theatre
5/17 - Cleveland, OH - Winchester Tavern
5/21 - NYC, NY - Joe's Pub

There will be more dates in America, possibly Canada and Europe.
The Electric Mood Maidens will be appearing in different incarnations.

indra said:
It looks as if I will finally get to see a solo Marty gig!!! Woohoo!! :yippie:

:yippie: :yippie: :hyper:

I just got the news too, from the Church newsletter :D So excited, I was just going to email you about it!

So happy for ya Indra, it's about time 'eh :wink: Have a fantastic time stalking ..... errrrrrr ... I mean, enjoying as many shows as possible :D :hug:

And speaking of MWP, guess who turns 50 on May 7th? :D

:D

Just thought I'd share some photo's from SKs show in Melbourne on Sunday night! I actually did well in restraining myself from just clicking away all night :wink: Here are the best fuzzy ones :lol:

P4060861.jpg

P4060863.jpg

P4060864.jpg

:drool: seriously, I was just in heaven Sunday night ... such a wonderful, wonderful evening. That's Martin Kennedy in the background of the second photo .... the SK/MK songs just really blew me away, they sounded AMAZING - I can't wait to hear this CD they're working on!

I'm hopeless at reviews :huh: The folks on SK's blog do such a better job :wink:

Nice pics! Looks as if you had great seats too!!

I'm glad the show went so well. I remember about a year or so ago SK wrote on his blog that he didn't think he would ever get really comfortable doing solo shows, but it seems to me he's grown a lot more comfortable with it since then. I think that increased comfort level makes for better shows.

And a side notw -- I just noticed I passed 10,000 posts! :D The last time I noticed my post count I was a few hundred shy...not quite sure where all these posts came from all of a sudden!

:dancing: 10,000 + posts, yay Indra! :D

Just reading SKs blog today and he mentioned a new song from the PainKiller album called 'Crystalline Rush' ... which was the title of a blog entry from a few months ago :wink:

is it wrong to be excited??? :hmm: :wink:

...so TE, where's the MWP gig review, huh? C'mon, don't make us wait. You know we hate to wait! :grumpy:

We want pics too. :D

TranceEnding said:
:sad:

I'll send you an email in a minute, to explain all!

Let's just say I am kicking myself very severely at the moment :|

Oh no! That doesn't sound good. :sad:

I was happy thinking at least you were having a good time at the MWP gig. :(

TranceEnding said:
although I do have a personally autographed picture of Marty's CD coming in the mail from a lover-ly friend .. so it's not all bad :D

Yay!! :up:

I think this is kinda-sorta how the set list went, too :D

Chromium (Church)
§ Hopes & Fears (Noctorum)
§ High as a Kite (Noctorum)
§ Lullaby for the Lonely (new)
§ Feed Your Mind (new)
§ I Must Have Fallen (new)
§ The Love You Never Had (new)
§ A Game for Losers (new)
§ I Don’t Think So (Hanging Out In Heaven)
§ Tristesse (Church)
§ After Eight (Hanging Out in Heaven)
§ You Bring Your Love to Me (Hanging Out in Heaven)
§ Into My Hands (Church)
§ No One There (new)
§ Song for Victor Lara (new)

Back
Top Bottom