The Church : New album March 2009 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:10 AM

and

Old 06-28-2009, 02:43 AM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 07:40 AM
eekie's not allowed to freak out!!!!! You're gonna have the best time

oh yeah, and please, please do take some photo's!!!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #63
Babyface

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Are you coming to New York's Irving Plaza show as well Indra? Hope to see you there!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceEnding View Post
eekie's not allowed to freak out!!!!! You're gonna have the best time

oh yeah, and please, please do take some photo's!!!!!
I AM having the best time! Got back to the hotel from the Falls Church show -- oh my, it was wonderful! I'm super tired right now, but I'll try to post some details later.

And I actually took some pics!! They might suck though, and I can't put them up until I get home. But at least I'm taking some now!

Today is an off day so I'm going to see if I can pick up a few things to make it easier for the merch guy. Yep, seeing the Church and shopping for packaging/office supplies -- two of indra's great loves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobear View Post
Are you coming to New York's Irving Plaza show as well Indra? Hope to see you there!
No, I just havce a week, so my last show is going to be Londonderry, NH on July 3.

Steve and Marty have been coming out to the the merch table after the shows lately. It takes them a little while to get there (they need a little decompression time after the gigs), so if you want to meet them, don't leave right away.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:40 PM

I'm also going to the Irving Plaza show on 7/8/2009. My friend recently got me into The Church. I'm really looking forward to the show.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

^

Should be a great show! New York is one of those cities where they often have excellent shows. Let us know what you think.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
^

Should be a great show! New York is one of those cities where they often have excellent shows. Let us know what you think.
I will. I've never been to Irving Plaza before, so I'm also psyched about that.

I can't wait to see all of this merch I've been hearing about. Maybe, I'll pick up a cool tee shirt.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh dear god -- most 80s fashions were awful. This video is a hoot, and the drummer is Tim.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 AM   #69
Refugee

^^what video is that for Indra?? I can't watch it at the moment .. if it's an '80's one, it's probably funny

Can't wait to see some photo's I wish I was there
Old 07-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
^^what video is that for Indra?? I can't watch it at the moment .. if it's an '80's one, it's probably funny

Can't wait to see some photo's I wish I was there
It's for The Venetians -- Tim's old band. The song is Ooh La La. Steve was pulling up cheesy 80's videos and interviews on YouTube backstage in Falls Church -- this one got the biggest laughs (although one of SK's old interviews was pretty damned funny too).

Still having a grand time. Helping out with merch (mostly packing out, but also some sales right after the shows, and some set up) and just helping out whenever I can. Yesterday in Annapolis I got to guard the guitars when they left the stage before the encore. Today I was the fetcher of dinner.

Yep, the glamour baby -- I'm right in the thick of it!

Oh, and I think I'm catching the tour cold/flu. Lovely.

The band and crew is driving most of the way to the next venue tonight as they have an early load in. I gotta feel for them -- three or so hours of driving in the middle of the night after a gig (and load out). They've done that a lot this time -- I'm always a bit worried about them doing those drives.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #71
Refugee

Quote:
Still having a grand time. Helping out with merch (mostly packing out, but also some sales right after the shows, and some set up) and just helping out whenever I can. Yesterday in Annapolis I got to guard the guitars when they left the stage before the encore. Today I was the fetcher of dinner.
This paragraph made my day I'll have to tell my sister about you being the guitar guard, she'll be jealous, haha!

Good for you matey, take care of yourself too. I've heard olive leaf extract is really good for colds and things if you can find it at a health food store in your travels.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

They were actually in Boston tonight!! I was reading the paper and there was the listing for where they would be and a very small article on them.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The band and crew is driving most of the way to the next venue tonight as they have an early load in. I gotta feel for them -- three or so hours of driving in the middle of the night after a gig (and load out). They've done that a lot this time -- I'm always a bit worried about them doing those drives.
This turned out to be the correct choice. I took off from Philly at 11 am and picked up a friend in NJ (the Church video guy). The trip should have taken under six hours. It took us 10. We had about a 100 miles of traffic jam, and spent over an hour on the GW bridge alone.

Rocked up to the venue at 9pm, so we actually made it in time, but that was exhausting. PV kept getting these "where ARE you?!!" calls, but he's a great travel companion (ie, calm). Makes a great story anyway.

Tonight is my last show...I'm ready to go home, but I'll miss them.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Girl1978 View Post
They were actually in Boston tonight!! I was reading the paper and there was the listing for where they would be and a very small article on them.
They were! They were at Showcase Live which is part of the Whole Gillette Stadium complex. So when you are hanging out waiting for the U2 concert you can see the place my dear Churchies played. It's a lovely venue. I think they quite enjoyed it.

Quote:
This paragraph made my day I'll have to tell my sister about you being the guitar guard, she'll be jealous, haha!

Good for you matey, take care of yourself too. I've heard olive leaf extract is really good for colds and things if you can find it at a health food store in your travels.

I was very proud of myself guarding the guitars.

That was a really funky little venue, but the show was hugely fun.

I also am now the queen of duct tape and sharpies.

And I picked the best GPS unit. Even the band's isn't as nice (it doesn't give them enough warning for exits and turns etc.). They should should get me to pick this stuff out for them.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #75
Refugee

Queen of Duct Tape 'eh?? That sounds a little bit kinky to me when I think about it ...

I'm not sure what sharpies is

What on earth have they got you doing?!?!

Tags
the church