The Bravery Call it Quits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyNumber7

Blue Crack Addict
Don't know who around here is a fan of The Bravery, but as of Friday the band is on permanent leave and it doesn't really sound like it's something that is ever going to be a thing again.

For those of you who may remember, The Bravery supported U2 on a couple European shows on Vertigo, I believe. Also, they released a cover of An Cat Dubh.

After two years of silence and even longer since their last album... this message was posted on their social media outlets from lead singer Sam Endicott:

Dear Friends,

This letter has been a long time coming. Honestly I think I've been putting it off because it's a difficult, bittersweet thing to write but now I find myself in a place where, although it's difficult to discuss the past, I'm excited to discuss the present.

To answer your many queries, the band has not "broken up," nothing so dramatic as that. We just aren't doing anything together and don't have any plans to for the foreseeable future. There's been no "falling out," no bad blood, we all just have different interests now and are involved in our own projects.

The Bravery is a beautiful thing that we are all immensely proud of, but after many years it is just not where our passions lie anymore and continuing simply out of habit or momentum would be unfair to our audience and ourselves. Will we get together again at some point? I don't know the answer to that, it's unclear, but for now we have no plans to.

As for the present , many of you may have seen Anthony playing drums for Morrissey Official on tour, or more recently with Weezer. Anthony is currently finishing an EP for his new band X My Heart and will be touring this summer as the drummer for the band White Sea. Mike has been having success with his label Merrifield Records and is currently directing with his first feature length film. John has been busy at the vineyard crushing grapes and making wine with his business, Deep Sea Wines by Conway Family Wines. Michael is pursuing other creative interests outside of music.

For myself, I am thrilled to say that I have a new band, The Mercy Beat , which I've started with a couple friends of mine in Los Angeles. You can hear a couple of our songs at The-Mercy-Beat's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds, and we are playing a free residency at The Echo next month, every Monday night in May.

On behalf of all of us in the Bravery, it's been a magnificent ride and we can not thank you enough for making it possible. We have been given such a gift in the wonderful fans around the world that have supported us over the years, and we are immensely grateful.

With love and thanks,

Sam

Really disappointed, I for one am a huge fan.

Oh... Darn.... What... A.. Shame....

(and I say that as someone who was a big fan at the beginning)

Privileged to catch them live about 4-5 years back at The Corner.

Had some odd songs (Split Me Wide Open), but some were rippers: Unconditional, No Brakes, Give In, Honest Mistake, Bad Sun, Time Won't Let Me Go.

One of their b-sides was featured in an Entourage episode when the show was at it's peak.

One of their b-sides was featured in an Entourage episode when the show was at it's peak.

This is the worst sentence I've ever read.

I thought that Honest Mistake was a pretty good song back in the day. Haven't thought of them in years.

i just thought of them the other day, i didn't even realise they were still together. i also used to like them back in the day. i was supposed to see them when they were touring their first album, but they cancelled their show here and never rescheduled. i only have their first two albums, no clue how many they released after that.

Had some odd songs (Split Me Wide Open), but some were rippers:

You ever zoom in on your phone so you can read the text in the posts easier, but it pushes off the name of the poster so you have to zoom back out to see who said what?

When I read this sentence I instantly knew who it was.

This isn't a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom