The Black Keys Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
Could not find another thread on them

I only just heard their new album Brothers - Its great
Got into them on the back of Zane Lowe's recommendation

They have made 6 albums, so i got another 5 to do some research on

Saw them on letterman recently - top band!

Anyone else into them?
Any songs from the earlier albums you recommend?

YouTube - The Black Keys - Tighten Up [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

I just listened to the new album. It was my first experience with them besides mixtape songs here and there that I don't remember. I liked it.

i'm seeing them in Birmingham (UK)
should be good

need to listen to the early stuff though as i only know the new album

Pretty ace band. True rock 'n' roll. I think they deserve more attention. They're a bit underrated... I prefer their older albums, with more lo-fi sound.

I am listening to Rubber Factory right now. It's definitely good, but I actually do like the new one better. I think the reason I like the new one better is that, while it shares the general rawness of Rubber Factory, there is a different feel to some of it which reminds me of Motown. And I love me some Motown. So therefore, I like Brothers more. I hope to get around to Attack & Release very soon. I look forward to that because of the collaboration with Danger Mouse.

picked up the new album the other day. i liked it until i misplaced it. i think my car ate it.

listened to it again today, and apart from Howling for You, which i can't fucking stand to the point where i've deleted it - i very rarely do that - it's great.

listened to it again today, and apart from Howling for You, which i can't fucking stand to the point where i've deleted it - i very rarely do that - it's great.

...what? That song sounds like most everything else on the album, so colour me confused.

:lol: it seems ridiculous, i know. i've tried to explain why but sometimes i'm not that good writing about music. the other 14 songs... i don't know. guess you'll just have to remain confused Andrew.

i'm at the point where i like it as background noise a lot, but otherwise i'm not really that into it. something about how yeah, everything sounds exactly the same.

someone told me they've been hearing some song off the new album on the radio. something to do with some dude from fall out boy now being in the band. that doesn't make me happy. and i don't even hate fall out boy like i'm supposed to.

The album's first half is terrific. It has a great pace and some excellent songs. The second half slows down considerably, but I like the blues orientation of the songs. It's like listening to two different albums.

The album's first half is terrific. It has a great pace and some excellent songs. The second half slows down considerably, but I like the blues orientation of the songs. It's like listening to two different albums.

or like side A and side B, like records are supposed to have.

It took 'em a while to get going, but once they did, they kicked our asses. They brought on two other guys in the middle to play some songs from the new album, they the two guys went away and just Patrick and Dan played again. It was the hottest day EVAR here in SoCal, which just added to the insanity.

Back
Top Bottom