The Black Keys Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New, fast paced rock album produced by the Mouse himself, out this year. Hell, fucking yeah. :hyper::hyper:

If this is meant to be a serious remark about cashing in, they've released albums in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2010. There's a pattern there of quick releases.

If this is meant to be a sarcastic remark about cashing in, lulz.

I'm aware of how prolific they are. It was more a remark on compromising artistry for mass appeal. That and the imminent Zales, Sony, and Victoria's Secret campaigns. Dolla dolla bill, y'all.

Licensing songs doesn't compromise artistry. Now if you wrote something for the purpose of commercial ends, then yes it does.

I'm aware of how prolific they are. It was more a remark on compromising artistry for mass appeal. That and the imminent Zales, Sony, and Victoria's Secret campaigns. Dolla dolla bill, y'all.

Good thing I don't have TV or listen to the radio so I can avoid all of that and just like the music.

By the way The Tourist, DM only produced "Tighten Up" on Brothers.

My mistake. His fingerprints are all over the production, though. Likely because they'd worked with him on the previous album.

ah. didn't know that. don't really care about danger mouse. i know i'm supposed to and all, but he doesn't really mean shit to me.

Anyone heard the new single yet? It's available to be downloaded through their site, I believe, and I was only able to listen to the first 30 seconds before I had to rush out the door. I liked what I heard, though.

Hmm...on first listen, Attack and Release is kind of dull, too restrained. Definitely like Brothers and Rubber Factory a great deal better. Maybe if I had been introduced to them through this I would like it more.

oh and, Lonely Boy rocks :rockon:. Here's hoping El Camino is less samey than Brothers, and doesn't play it safe now that they've had some mainstream attention.

Brothers is samey? I think that one has really strong variety, and a good quantity of that soul influence I love so much.

Attack and Release was my first one, so I really like it. Nothing tops Rubber Factory, though.

I didn't like Brothers as much as I wanted to. It feels too long, but I don't know what I would cut.

I like the new single very much, and I like the video as well.

Attack and Release was my first one, so I really like it. Nothing tops Rubber Factory, though.

I didn't like Brothers as much as I wanted to. It feels too long, but I don't know what I would cut.

I agree with you about the length of Brothers. I feel it would have been made better if it were an 11 song album with a 4 song EP coming out later on. But Brothers is still my favorite, with Rubber Factory a close second. It feels like different bands.

Same-y may not have been the right choice of words given the band in question made the entire first half of their career making very similar music. Static throughout the album os more what I mean, there isn't a good flow/build throughout for me and yeah it's too long. It's got some great, great tracks but Thickfreakness and Attack & Release remain my favorite.

I absolutely love "Ten Cent Pistol" though.

i'm really bored with "tighten up," i'd be happy never hearing that song again.

My two favorite off Brothers are Too Afraid To Love You and Never Gonna Give You Up.

Back
Top Bottom