The Black Keys Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What, are they a bunch of 15 year old mean girls? Suddenly I am less fond of the Black Keys.

Think what you want about Snooki, but have your picture taken with her and then publicly say that? Rude, mean and unnecessary.

Says more about them than it does about her.
The band members didn't do that. Fans of the band did that.

hell, most small-ish local bands have friends manage their facebook pages for them. i thought of out-sourcing mine to a band of trolls living under a bridge, until i realized it was easier to de-activate the thing altogether.

i wouldn't know this snooki person from any other plastic reality show scuzball, but i am pretty sure that selling yourself, agreeing to show the cable-watching populace your ugly drama-infested life in order to make a buck (or a lot of bucks, i guess? i hear these people make insane amounts of money per episode), makes you a whore regardless of whether you're literally skanking it up on said reality show.

I don't care if people think Snooki's a whore or a skank, or talentless, I was just saying it's rude to have one's picture taken with her and then proceed to call her a bunch of names in public.

But now that it's been clarified that the band didn't add the tags, I see that should have been my obvious question from the start.

I shall stop thinking less of the Black Keys now. I'm sure they're relieved.

I don't care if people think Snooki's a whore or a skank, or talentless, I was just saying it's rude to have one's picture taken with her and then proceed to call her a bunch of names in public.

I agree with you on this one.

Mutemath's members do all the status updates for their FB page, they're linked from their Twitter page, but still it's cool to get little tidbits from the band members, sometimes just random thoughts or questions, what's going on in their lives, other times about the progress of new material or what they thought about a recent concert of theirs.

I finally got to listen to the new album - I've seen The Black Keys mentioned here and there throughout the years but until now was never familiar with their stuff. I like the music a lot, it's a shame that the vocals aren't that memorable and rather short on personality (my big beef with many modern bands that I otherwise would have liked heaps more).

I do to, though I would say that he's surprisingly much stronger live than on record, seek out some live clips Saracene.

I disagree as well, and I don't even particularly like Muse. Nobody sounds like Bellamy, except possibly younger Thom Yorke. And that asshole from Neon Trees.

I disagree as well, and I don't even particularly like Muse. Nobody sounds like Bellamy, except possibly younger Thom Yorke. And that asshole from Neon Trees.

Hm. I don't know if that's agreeing with her at all since I never said Bellamy sounded like everyone else. I just find his vocals to be terribly apt to the description she made regarding Dan Auerbach's vocals (lack or memorability/personality). :shrug:

I dunno, I assumed that if your vocals were unique they would be inherently memorable, but I suppose that may not be true.

Memorability is a lot more than uniqueness, but I suppose to some degree uniqueness is a factor. I think a lot of generic voices can be very memorable, though. And that a lot of unique voices can be forgettable.

homer-simpson-gun.jpg

Ca-ching.

If this is meant to be a serious remark about cashing in, they've released albums in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2010. There's a pattern there of quick releases.

If this is meant to be a sarcastic remark about cashing in, lulz.

i thought it was more in relation to working with danger mouse=moneymoneymoney.

Back
Top Bottom