The Black Keys Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, they're that hot this year, they felt the need to demonstrate it with their CD labels. It works if you hold it or if it's been played, it goes in blank and when it comes out you can read it.

Interesting, I have never heard of such a thing! I'll have to take a look at my copy.

So now I've heard Attack & Release as well. So that's three down (Rubber Factory, Attack & Release, and Brothers), and they're all very solid. Rubber Factory is definitely the most raw and that has its merits, but I rather like the stuff Danger Mouse worked on better. It's got this great soul-like sound. Like the drums and bass could be out of Motown. I love that.

huh. i had never heard of cds designed to do that, either. cool, i guess i'm glad i can't see cds playing in the cd trays cos i imagine trying to read the title off the cd while spinning would make me dizzier than trying to check song titles off a spinning record used to. :lol:

So now I've heard Attack & Release as well. So that's three down (Rubber Factory, Attack & Release, and Brothers), and they're all very solid. Rubber Factory is definitely the most raw and that has its merits, but I rather like the stuff Danger Mouse worked on better. It's got this great soul-like sound. Like the drums and bass could be out of Motown. I love that.

Having known of them far earlier than DM's involvement, I love the raw BLack Keys (check out Thickfreakness next, :rockon: ), but I will say that Attack & Release is my favorite album of theirs, not just because of DM's influence but also the lyrical content and the vocals.

thickfreakness is goooooood.

i feel like i've said that in this thread already.

Brothers was my first Black Keys experience, so I'm going to have to back track once I get over my exhaustion from cramming a ton of 2010 albums into the last month.

thickfreakness is goooooood.

i feel like i've said that in this thread already.

You definitely said it last time I posted it in The album you just listened to from start to finish. But it's true, so no harm in repeating it.

oh yeah. i remember. and something about the newbury comics in natick. or maybe i'm mixing that up with that i bought my copy of brothers at the newbies in norwood? at any rate, i have a 25 dollar gift card to newbury comics from christmas that i'm dying to spend.

I actually found the whole episode pretty hilarious, surprisingly so. And Jim Carrey made me remember why he was so damn funny and eat my words about saying he should only do drama from here on out, then again his schtick wore out by being so read across too many feature films, and this was sketch comedy, so that might have had something to do with it.

Also, thank you Black Keys for showing the world that rock music is still relevant and awesome.

i cannot stand jim carrey.

haven't bothered with SNL since the advent of youtube because i only ever watched it when bands i liked were playing. i have never seen a skit from any era of that show that has been more than mildly amusing at best, nevermind the way the last 10 years have just been horrendously unfunny. every skit i've caught has been entirely too long in which they repeat the same non-amusing punchline +3 times to the point where it becomes painful to watch.

The band posted a photo on their Facebook page of them meeting Snooki (of Jersey Shore "fame") during the SNL rehearsals this week. The tags are hilarious: Dan is tagged as Jesus, Steve from Blues Clues, while Patrick is tagged as Buddy Holly, that nerd from science class, and Mr. Cutie Pie.

Snooki? She's tagged as Orange Hobbit, Cunnilingus, and fat, ugly, talentless skank.

:lol::lol:

... fat, ugly, talentless skank.

What, are they a bunch of 15 year old mean girls? Suddenly I am less fond of the Black Keys.

Think what you want about Snooki, but have your picture taken with her and then publicly say that? Rude, mean and unnecessary.

Says more about them than it does about her.

What, are they a bunch of 15 year old mean girls? Suddenly I am less fond of the Black Keys.

Think what you want about Snooki, but have your picture taken with her and then publicly say that? Rude, mean and unnecessary.

Says more about them than it does about her.

Agreed.

We don't know that they're the ones actually maintaining the FB page, but I say bravo for calling her out for being talentless, though calling her a skank (true as it may be) is a bit low.

I think people are able to add their own tags, because since my post there have been many more. Someone added: "a human being who, despite having a bad public image, deserves respect as much as the next person."

Of course then somebody added "STD Superstore"...so yeah. Although I can't seem to add a tag of my own.

/Facebook Fail

All likelihood points to the vast majority of bands having next to nothing to do with their Facebook pages.

Back
Top Bottom