The Black Keys Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got section 119 for Staples Center. Those seats never come up for sale. I'm happy with those. Got GA's for the Santa Barbara show. Much smaller venue, and it's outdoors. Hoping for good weather. My friend at work was there recently for Radiohead-in the rain.

:happydance:

Some British guys who apparently finally realized they're a pop band, so they tried to double or triple the appropriate volume for an arena to appear to "rock". It did not work.

Seriously though, they were far and away the most disappointing live act I've seen in years and years. Luckily The Black Keys were fantastic like always to make up for it.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Arctic Monkeys as well for the same reason. I was looking forward to the chance to check them out, and it was just painful. Literally.

I"d say 50% of the people at the concert during their set was standing out in the hallway trying to get some quiet. The people who were in their seats were not clapping. It's not as if I'm just sharing my personal feelings on the matter, everyone was in pain. I felt bad, as I'd talked my friends into going early so I could see them. Blah.

I can't even say they were good or bad, the music was just too loud for me to do anything but leave.

Same here. I couldn't even follow the songs I was extremely familiar with, much too loud.

Such a bummer to have a really good double bill like that, and walk away from it feeling like you still haven't seen one of them live.

I heard maybe 3 songs before giving up, and I did get to hear "I Bet You Look Good On the Dance Floor," so yes, I was able to at least recognize the one song I knew.

And Alex Turner instructed us to clap along to one of the songs, and specified "On the 2 and the 4." :lol: Thank you.

I kept meaning to post this right after the show, but then I got sick blahblahblah

At the show a few weeks ago, the crowd seemed only familiar with the last two albums. When the guys played a few old songs, just the two of them (which sounded fantastic, and they should only do that), the crowd reaction was minimal. Or, like the guy behind me, pleasantly surprised. I thought that was kind of weird.

So my best friend comes up to me and says, "The new Black Keys single is a total ripoff of Stairway to Heaven." So my first thought is, WTF?!?!, having no idea what song this might be. So then, I pull out my iPod thinking the newest single is Little Black Submarines. So I put that on and I'm like, "Okay, so there are guitars and vocals and this is a ripoff of Stairway?" He tells me to wait for it. It gets to the chorus. The part where the lyrics go "They get lost and out of time." He says this is the part. Am I completely obtuse for not hearing it? Or is he a little nuts?

I've heard that before. Similar structure, but I'm not hearing many similarities in the music itself.

Fantastic song, easily my favourite from El Camino.

Back
Top Bottom