The Black Eyed Peas to perform at Super Bowl XLV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRay9911

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Report: Black Eyed Peas to play Super Bowl halftime show | ProFootballTalk.com

Well, FOX Sports Chief Executive David Hill got his wish. He was quoted saying in March that he wanted a stomach-flab free Super Bowl halftime act.

And so he chose a band that boasts an impressive six-pack and little discernible musical talent.

SportsByBrooks reports that the Black Eyed Peas have been chosen to play at halftime of the 2011 Super Bowl in Dallas this February. Brooks' website is carried on FOXSports.com, so he likely has great connections and is on the money with this one. Unfortunately.

Hill wanted to avoid another aging rock band like The Who. Instead, they chose a band they think young people like rather than a band actual young people like.

We can only hope to hear such classic hits as "My Humps," "Boom Boom Pow," and "Let's Get Retarded."

they'll cram a 4 or 5 song medley in their 12 minutes.

probably end it with i gotta feeling. woo hoo!

waterboy.jpg

GAF and I will be passed out by halftime.

Likely.

Coincidentally, the Super Bowl that I got the most wasted during was when your boys played the Patriots in '05. I think Brian Westbrook scored a touchdown in the 3rd quarter and then I don't remember anything that happened after that.

It goes without saying, but I'm not happy about the BEP choice. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

...And this is happening in Jerruh World. Damn, I hope it's an Eagles/Patriots Super Bowl. That way, the douchebag quotient will grow so large that God Himself will have no choice but to personally turn the whole region into a smoking crater.

Likely.

Coincidentally, the Super Bowl that I got the most wasted during was when your boys played the Patriots in '05. I think Brian Westbrook scored a touchdown in the 3rd quarter and then I don't remember anything that happened after that.

It goes without saying, but I'm not happy about the BEP choice. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
I was 14 and in eighth grade when the Eagles played in the Super Bowl. Pretty awful experience watching that game. Nothing touches Game 4 of the 2009 World Series, though.

I don't think a move away from the dinosaur bands is a bad idea for the halftime show. I love The Who and Tom Petty on record, but they were only booked in the aftermath of Boobiegate and neither are very compelling playing to a stadium audience anymore. Apologies to, what, the one guy from the original Who and to Zombieland Tom Petty?

The Black Eyed Peas are the default, go-to corporate computer band, like who you call if you're holding an employee appreciation convention for Blackberry or Google employees.

We might get something interesting and current next year.

I still remember my youth when Brit Brit was spewing her hyper-sexual sweat all over those Pepsi / NASCAR ads. Is it weird to feel nostalgic for Brit Brit, and then want to go rub one out to Oops I Did It Again's video?

I still remember my youth when Brit Brit was spewing her hyper-sexual sweat all over those Pepsi / NASCAR ads. Is it weird to feel nostalgic for Brit Brit, and then want to go rub one out to Oops I Did It Again's video?

Not at all. She was the hottest thing goin for a while back then. And then she married Federline and attacked a submarine with an umbrella or some crazy shit.

I never found her attractive, personally. Not into white trash.

During those years mentioned I was busy crushing on Nelly Furtado, who had better music as well.

There's yet to be anything else confirming this. It would be kind of surprising, they're the kind of band that would be more likely for the pre-game concerts. Also, they're kind of between albums/hits at the moment so to choose someone that's not a dinosaur and at that kind of point in their career is surprising.

They'd be perfect for it. They whipped the Rose Bowl into a frenzy before last fall's U2 show, and I don't care what anyone else, I Gotta Feeling is a legit song. Yes it's been overplayed, been used on Oprah, and been subjected to other various embarrassments, but it's catchy as hell and you can spazz out to it :wink:

that video was hilarious when i first saw it.

but that was before i saw them live 3 times in 6 days.

its easy to poke fun at them, but i've seen/heard worse (looking at you, muse)

So if Fergie pisses her pants again, will the FCC go all Nipplegate? We can't have our children being exposed to bodily functions.

its easy to poke fun at them, but i've seen/heard worse (looking at you, muse)

Muse indeed suck something fierce, but to insinuate they're worse than the Cock Eyed Peas is just asinine.

Funny you say that, because I feared that Nickelback would be the next halftime performer.

When will the NFL realize that there is no better band for the Super Bowl halftime show than AC/DC? A band with terrific riffs, who still attract a young audience, and a group whose songs you only really need to hear for one verse and one chorus anyway. The perfect halftime medley band.

Back
Top Bottom